SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way back home I had this icon pop up in the eco guide...

Had the wife snap a picture before we hit traffic, and it disappeared. Anyone know what it means?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
It's a "Drive-E" symbol, from what I understand.
It basically tells you that you have achieved ECO driving goal.

Others will chime in soon.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.

I should note the car is a V60CC AWD; no Drive-E on this car.

·
Registered
137 Posts
When you're displaying the eco theme on the digital dash and you're driving "economically" enough for some period of time, it lights up to show you that you're driving economically. A sort of carrot for those who strive to get the best mileage and not accelerate too hard and or brake hard....
Interestingly, your car doesn't have to be in eco drive mode to get there...

For me, it's become a game for me to get it to come on....a game my wife is very pleased with...

When the little yellow needle at the far left side of that strip gets to the scale's 80% mark (it rises as you drive "reasonably") the "e" comes on...
Anyway, that's my observation...I've never gotten it to go higher than the 85% mark.

Have fun!
Greg

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
What is this symbol in the "Eco Guide"?

Drive-E Achievement Unlocked! I got the same symbol on my first road trip with my V60RD.

·
Registered
251 Posts
When you're displaying the eco theme on the digital dash and you're driving "economically" enough for some period of time, it lights up to show you that you're driving economically. A sort of carrot for those who strive to get the best mileage and not accelerate too hard and or brake hard....
Interestingly, your car doesn't have to be in eco drive mode to get there...

For me, it's become a game for me to get it to come on....a game my wife is very pleased with...

When the little yellow needle at the far left side of that strip gets to the scale's 80% mark (it rises as you drive "reasonably") the "e" comes on...
Anyway, that's my observation...I've never gotten it to go higher than the 85% mark.

Have fun!
Greg
I've found it basically impossible to maintain this at any speed above about 65 mph. I suppose it can encourage economical driving around town, but it's useless on the highway.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've found it basically impossible to maintain this at any speed above about 65 mph. I suppose it can encourage economical driving around town, but it's useless on the highway.
Yup, same here!
Greg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts