SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can someone tell me what this part is, I think its a checkvalve or a oneway valve if you call it that. I cracked mine when i was changing the vacuum hose connected to it. Parts guy says i have to buy the whole set up? He said like $95. I even showed him the part. Does this get used on all 850's or just the R's? Maybe i could just get one off a junk yard car.

It connects to this

and the other end connects to this

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's with all of the turbo 850's with EGR, maybe more of them. Not sure what it's called but you should be able to get one from the junk yard.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It is a check valve, it is for the EVAP system. It stops boost pressure from pressurizing the EVAP system and the fuel tank, during vacuum and purging, it allows vapors stored in the canister to be pulled into the engine.

This diagram here might help you out, looks like it's #23. http://www.volvopartswebstore.com/s...model=11966&modelYear=1997&ukey_category=7072

You can find these on any turbo 850 or SVCXC70 (It is NOT on N/A's) at a junkyard or pick-n-pull. Also, turbo Audi and VW's will have a few valves that are similar.

Just make sure you when you re-install it you have the flow going in the right direction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts