1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Maybe it's a plug for auto trans?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Where is it exactly? Can't really tell by the pictures.

Add an arrow to your last pic from below.

·
Registered
199 Posts
In the second photo, you see the driveshaft in the top left corner, so it looks like this is far right side of the engine bay, looking from behind, underneath. So no, it can't be for An auto trans. Hmmmmmmm. This is peculiar.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I dont remember seeing that thing in mine when i changed my tcv out. and i was all over that whole area.

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
That is a very odd location to see a harness. The TCV and a couple of a/c pressure sensors are around there, but they are all 2-pin.

The only 6-pin connector behind the engine that I can think of is the front O2 sensor, which is plugged into another harness at the very back of the head, just above the transmission. We can safely say it's not that, because the CEL would be on if it were. The rear O2 sensor, same thing (and I'm not sure that's a 6-pin).

Where does the wiring go? Up to the firewall? Which way, if so? How much wire is there, a few inches, or a lot?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Is it connected to anything else? You can look at a wiring diagram if you know something that is on series with it.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
You could have the O2 sensor connector for a Cali approved exhaust. They have another O2 sensor than the other states.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
No, but it weird to just have an electrical connection dangling.

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
You could have the O2 sensor connector for a Cali approved exhaust. They have another O2 sensor than the other states.
I checked the wiring diagram and the rear O2 sensor is a 4-pin connection. Is the Cali one that different, and if so, why isn't it on this car?

BTW, you can see the rear O2 sensor and its heat-protected harness at the top edge of the picture.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Its a giveaway connector.

Instead of coming up with variety of wiring harnesses to meet each and every variant of the car, sometimes these are left in place and a second pig tail is added to that connection in the factory in order to link to say, the different engines under the hood.

Nothing to worry about. You will find a number of these in a very base car unused.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts