SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, can anyone tell me what this fluid is? It's coming from the transmission. The angle gear is dry on the bottom. Is it a slave cylinder? My brake fluid is full. So is my transmission leaking?! I have had my angle gear resealed twice in 2 years. The 2nd time was covered under the parts warantee and that was last november so I can get that done again free of charge

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After researching further, it seems as if it is the angle gear leaking. I'll call the dealership and get that fixed. Maybe 3 times the charm?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
The o ring the cuff slides against at the back of the diff carrier splines (trans out to AG) gets tattered when the cuff is worn and wiggles back and forth a lot. The excessive lash of the splines lets this happen. The red I see is rust from the cuff. It could be AG fluid but I see more of the O rings on trans side leak when I see the heavy traces like that.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The o ring the cuff slides against at the back of the diff carrier splines (trans out to AG) gets tattered when the cuff is worn and wiggles back and forth a lot. The excessive lash of the splines lets this happen. The red I see is rust from the cuff. It could be AG fluid but I see more of the O rings on trans side leak when I see the heavy traces like that.
Quote from repair under warranty:
"Customer states the angle gear is leaking. verified customers concern-found transmission oil leak from drive shaft seal and angle gear seal. Replaced driveshaft and angle gear seals under spare parts warranty.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I had the same issue. I took my angle gear off, cleaned the seals, and it stopped leaking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts