SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amazing Massachusetts roads... This weekend I hit a huge bump and checked all around. No bubbles no bent rim. The shocks looked fine too no leaks and all modes functioned.

Today I realized that when I was stopped and turning left, it made the worst creaking sound. I don't think it's the CV joints because it does it when stopped. Is it the strut bearing?

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Can't view 'private' video.

Strut bearing does sound like the culprit, based on your notes.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey mine's doing that too, I only notice it when i pull out of my driveway. My guess is strut bearings.
Whatever it is, it's scaring the crap out of me. I have the front spring seats and strut bearings already ready to put in, but I don't have the time to do it myself with college and work. I just need to check with my shop and see how much they'd charge.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
If you can't do it yourself it should be much to replace, Probably an hr 1/2 in labor.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I have a little bit of creaking, I always just guessed it was the strut mounts. Sounds like what I've got except alot louder, the bearing is probably completely shot.... They're not terribly expensive, though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts