SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just looking under my hood and saw this connector with nothing plugged into it. Nothing wrong with the car. But does anyone know what it could be for?

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Should have searched some more I guess.

·
Banned
3,517 Posts
not looking too close at pic, but headlights...you mean aux highbeams that are not allowed on the R? ( coz they block the radiator), lol headlights (you americanos really must feel blind at night.).

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
not looking too close at pic, but headlights...you mean aux highbeams that are not allowed on the R? ( coz they block the radiator), lol headlights (you americanos really must feel blind at night.).
Yep, correct. They were not optional to the Rs from factory, but were available for all S60/V70/XC70s . Although if you wanted it to work on the R, you could.

As for being blind, yes, wanna trade your Eurospec lights for my USSpec lights, and see how much we suffer? LOL You guys like the amber reflector right?

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
As for being blind, yes, wanna trade your Eurospec lights for my USSpec lights, and see how much we suffer? LOL You guys like the amber reflector right?
if there are two fighting for DevolvR's headlights, don't worry, I'll do you a favor and trade mine as well.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Yep, correct. They were not optional to the Rs from factory, but were available for all S60/V70/XC70s . Although if you wanted it to work on the R, you could.

Please excuse my ignorance, and with all due respect to your's and others' intricate rewiring and upgrades, could this connection/circuit be used to connect (perhaps with a relatively simple splitter like this from TRS http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=9717 ) to activate supplemental 55W halogen or HID high beams with the bi-xenon high?

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts