only the newer ones have it , 06 and 07 maybe? my 07 has them

·
Registered
997 Posts
my 05 has them

·
Registered
8,738 Posts
No R had them unless you had the Touring (04-05)or Convienence (06-07)package. I think in 04-05 it might have been a stand alone option too. 06-07 the Convienence package gave you that, laminated glass (HUGE sound dampener), sunglasses holder, and a grocery bag hook thing in the trunk. Those last two you can get as accessories, but the glass and the backup sensors would be a huge pain to try and install after the fact.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes it is park assist, on the lower part of the rear bumper are the sensors.
It looks like the button can be pressed to turn it on and off? I'm surprised that safety conscious Volvo would let u disable it.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
In Europe Volvos are one of the most popular vehicle to tow trailers. You want the Park assist off when the trailer (AKA "caravan") is back there.

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Since someone brought this up, what are some other options for buttons down there? I only have three, valet mode, headrest fold down, and traction control. I have seen some R's that have the whole rack decked out.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
It looks like the button can be pressed to turn it on and off? I'm surprised that safety conscious Volvo would let u disable it.
Having them work and then stop sucks. I did not know mine stopped working untill I almost backed in a concrete wall cause they did not start beeping. Dam reverse switch.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Guys, it's obviously the power button!

In all seriousness I wish I would have gotten park assist with my R because I always back this thing in spots.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I use my park assist every single day. I love it. I have to back into my garage so the door is in the center and not at the wall. I also back into parking spaces that have parking curbs (don't want to rash the new CFWerks CF Spoiler). I use the grocery thing in back too, when I go buy beer.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Since someone brought this up, what are some other options for buttons down there? I only have three, valet mode, headrest fold down, and traction control. I have seen some R's that have the whole rack decked out.
Child lock, Privacy Lock, Trailer Tow feature of some sort, Mirror Fold can add switches to those spots. A lot of accessories that sell in Europe are not offered here.
I love the fact that the switch locations make no difference. You can move them to wherever you want and they still work. The switches are on a buss and the switch has signal profile it outputs when button is depressed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts