SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a cherry 850 turbo platinum for $700 with all stage 0 done wihin the last year but it needs a front bumper and a hood . so how easy is it to match??

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Re: what is the paint code foe 96 platinum and how hard is it to match? (mushroom281)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>mushroom281</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i bought a <b>cherry</b> 850 turbo <b>platinum</b></TD></TR></TABLE><br>First, figure out what color it actually is. Then, call around to junk yards.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: what is the paint code foe 96 platinum and how hard is it to match? (StarmanDXE)

its the pearl white. aren't all platinums pearl? and I already have the parts the hood is already pearl but its an acura pearl and i got an R front bumper

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Re: what is the paint code foe 96 platinum and how hard is it to match? (mushroom281)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>mushroom281</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its the pearl white. aren't all platinums pearl?</TD></TR></TABLE><br>I was just confused by your use of the word "cherry."<p><br><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and I already have the parts the hood is already pearl but its an acura pearl and i got an R front bumper</TD></TR></TABLE><br>You got the hood painted to Acura color specs???

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

It's A 3 stage pearl.<br>Your paint code is on your engine compartment plate, 2nd line, a 3 digit number<br>All pearls need to be panel painted as they're almost impossible to perfectly match

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: what is the paint code foe 96 platinum and how hard is it to match? (JRL)

no the hood was already painted when i got it . oh well i guess i will just have the whole car painted <br>

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

<I>No </I>what?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

oh sorry jrl no i didnt already paint the hood , the hood was already painted the acura pearl when i got it . and i want to paint it the factory volvo pearl

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

You mean someone actually painted the hood an entirely different color?<p>(I would not rush to think it was Acura pearl, they could have just screwed up, pearls are VERY hard to match)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

well they actually painted the whole car the acura pearl. i bought it for a parts car and thats what the guy said the color was

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

Are you SURE?

·
Registered
16,965 Posts
Worthless with out pics .................

1 - 12 of 12 Posts