SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wondering this because for example JZW tuning says he could get 295 wheel hp from the stock R turbo, so if i calculate a 25% loss to the wheels that would mean 400 at the crank. So if the compressor wheel upgrades for the R produce 420 BHP is the jump in power really that small? What does the R dyno with the upgraded compressor wheel in comparison to the stock one?

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
Despite grand claims, a stock K24 starts running out of steam before it can reach 400. Any wheel that has the OEM dimensions are going to have about the same max flow limitations, only real way to get more flow is by hybridizing it with a bigger compressor.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
With my Hybrid turbo , cams and other bolt on mods my Max was 377 awhp . BUT the question is what will you use the car for ? DD or track car. Mine is a fun driver and 1/2 mile car and I am under no impression that the motor will last. In fact I already have a sleeved motor to go in this winter. I'm going to do a dyno in the next two weeks with a ARD hybrid, and I will post the results

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Last time i put 261KW on the wheels. Ard 11blade inside.
That was with 20psi. Dyno didnt have enough load so boost wasnt as high as on the road (24psi)

Tuned by myself

·
Registered
8,055 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
That was FWD unfortunately, but still not too bad. Same dyno with Autotech tune (they told me its customized for my mods lol) produced 229KW.
Same dyno with stock tune, result 220KW (300HP) and 400NM. Nailed the factory numbers

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Last time i put 261KW on the wheels. Ard 11blade inside.
That was with 20psi. Dyno didnt have enough load so boost wasnt as high as on the road (24psi)

Tuned by myself
I have the viva 11 blade and hiltons tune at 21 psi. Other mods as well. I wonder being awd what I would put down. It seems we are very similar mod wise.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With my Hybrid turbo , cams and other bolt on mods my Max was 377 awhp . BUT the question is what will you use the car for ? DD or track car. Mine is a fun driver and 1/2 mile car and I am under no impression that the motor will last. In fact I already have a sleeved motor to go in this winter. I'm going to do a dyno in the next two weeks with a ARD hybrid, and I will post the results
How much did the turbo shop charge you to bore out the compressor side housing for the bigger compressor wheel?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
The max flow on a K24 is rated around 37lbs/minute.

You can expect about 370 hp at the crank (give or take) when the K24 is pushed to the limit. Of course you can try to push past this limit, but you will hit the point where you run into diminishing returns. You may able to get a little bit more boost out of the turbo, but the air be so hot from the turbo that the car doesn't get any faster and you put a bunch more stress on the engine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts