1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Picture?

·
Registered
8 Posts
And what is the button or card slot between the glove box button and the Infortainment forward button, on the main front Console?

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
And what is the button or card slot between the glove box button and the Infortainment forward button, on the main front Console?
Climate system sensor, one of four:

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Btw, referencing the picture just above, how does one get the dashboard navigation display to look like that? A note a few differences from what I am actually experiencing and I like the picture version better.

1) how do you get it to display in 2D like the picture? Mine is always in 3D which doesn't look as good, wastes the top of the screen for sky and is harder to follow the navigation line. I can switch the center console screen to 2D but it has no impact on the dashboard screen.

2) The scale in the picture map is different than my car. My car always forces the scale to the closest possible zoom in the dashboard. You would never see all the roads it shows above because the scale is so close that at best you typically only see the next intersection and sometimes not event that -- it's often just a straight line representing the road you are currently on.

3) In the picture above the map is oriented with north up as the route line is not perfectly straight. In my car it's always oriented with the route line straight up. It would be nice to have that choice like you do on the center console map.

The picture also has a nice contrast which I have never seen in my actual map so far but I assume that is because they are showing the night view and a freeway nearby.

Is the picture above real or was it just a pre-production marketing representation?

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Btw, referencing the picture just above, how does one get the dashboard navigation display to look like that? A note a few differences from what I am actually experiencing and I like the picture version better.

1) how do you get it to display in 2D like the picture? Mine is always in 3D which doesn't look as good, wastes the top of the screen for sky and is harder to follow the navigation line. I can switch the center console screen to 2D but it has no impact on the dashboard screen.

2) The scale in the picture map is different than my car. My car always forces the scale to the closest possible zoom in the dashboard. You would never see all the roads it shows above because the scale is so close that at best you typically only see the next intersection and sometimes not event that -- it's often just a straight line representing the road you are currently on.

3) In the picture above the map is oriented with north up as the route line is not perfectly straight. In my car it's always oriented with the route line straight up. It would be nice to have that choice like you do on the center console map.

The picture also has a nice contrast which I have never seen in my actual map so far but I assume that is because they are showing the night view and a freeway nearby.

Is the picture above real or was it just a pre-production marketing representation?
I just grabbed this pic for reference but it was one of the earlier pics I remember seeing of the dash screen from a LONG time ago, so probably pre production. It does seem many of the customization features talked about or that have been shown are not present right now. I sure hope they are implemented with over the air updates over time. Adding personalization is key with systems like these IMO and should be easy enough to do with the right programmers.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I just grabbed this pic for reference but it was one of the earlier pics I remember seeing of the dash screen from a LONG time ago, so probably pre production. It does seem many of the customization features talked about or that have been shown are not present right now. I sure hope they are implemented with over the air updates over time. Adding personalization is key with systems like these IMO and should be easy enough to do with the right programmers.
Yeah, that's probably correct. Too bad, because I like this screen much better than what I actually have in the car. I also noticed this screen continues the map on either side of the top center messages with the temp, etc., so that it looks like those things are a pop-up window over the nav. It's not like that in the production car.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Yeah, that's probably correct. Too bad, because I like this screen much better than what I actually have in the car. I also noticed this screen continues the map on either side of the top center messages with the temp, etc., so that it looks like those things are a pop-up window over the nav. It's not like that in the production car.
Hopefully someone from corporate monitors these forums (I know most if not all the manufacturers do have teams that read forums especially larger forums such as this one) and is reaching out to the appropriate department within Volvo mentioning problems and wishes early owners are experiencing or have.

I've never much liked the 3D mapping feature on my navigation systems always opting for the 2D top down renders and also would like the option for the map in the center display to be displayed in 2D as well. Not a problem of course, just a wish. Some people on forums need to distinguish when people mention wishes they'd like to see implemented that they are just that, wishes to hopefully be seen by corporate and not right away go on the defensive thinking 'their brand' is being attacked or we're demanding things had been perfect within the vehicle at launch. Ahh, not like it matters much, its been going on since the dawn of bbs' and will continue to do so, lol.

Citivas, maybe in time one of us will get a good contact within Volvo who would be interested in early adopter feedback and we can cross share information with them.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
I think they are talking about this one, circled in red:

Yes. This box will display information that has to do with Collision Warning and/or Lane Keeping Aid. Info appears and disappears fairly quickly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts