SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I would like to know the experiences and knowledge of friends, what is the limit of power and torque that our original engine supports? Considering a motor in perfect condition and low mileage.

I ask because I have my car stage 2 and now that my clutch is no longer holding, I want to upgrade turbo, injectors and a better clutch.

I'm looking for a project with a 450hp engine, what are my future problems? haldex??

Thank you!

·
Registered
550 Posts
450 crank HP you should be good. I believe the belief is that around 500+ crank HP is the limit, however I believe there are some stock R engines in Sweden, Russia, etc. that are even higher than that and still stock. Other people with more knowledge will hopefully chime in. God Bless !!! :)

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Would help if you qualify the question with what you’re trying to achieve. Is it a daily driver on 91 octane pump gas, or a weekend warrior on 110 octane only race fuel?

We regularly see cylinder failures on completely stock R engines on pump fuel, and others have done 550 plus wheel on weekend driven cars on race fuel.

The answer to your question - depends.

Fair bet - shim the block, surface the head, and find hire a good tuner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
543 Posts
Would help if you qualify the question with what you’re trying to achieve. Is it a daily driver on 91 octane pump gas, or a weekend warrior on 110 octane only race fuel?

We regularly see cylinder failures on completely stock R engines on pump fuel, and others have done 550 plus wheel on weekend driven cars on race fuel.

The answer to your question - depends.

Fair bet - shim the block, surface the head, and find hire a good tuner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Solid advice here^^

Sent from nunya

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks for the answers from friends. The car is in use on weekends, it already has a large FMIC, full intake, complete 3 "stainless steel exhaust, aeromotive pump, 95 octane gasoline, rigid engine brackets, all new ignition, remap stage 2 and several other small things .

Now it will be done a stronger clutch and take the turbine to look what we got, wanted something like a gtx3076 gen2 with external westgate but it is quite expensive here in my country, so let's dismount and see what is possible to mount in k24. New 80lbs siemens deka injectors should meet demand without problems.

So my doubt is in relation to the limit of the engine and gearbox, besides what will be the problem?

Unfortunately we all know that something will always break heheh and to my delight (or not) the S60r is quite rare here in Brazil, there were only about 80 cars that were imported in the year 2004-2005, so today most of them are already lost or beaten. So this forum is a precious place of knowledge and help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts