SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a few searches and can't seem to find the solution to removing a stuck CD. I will probably just have the dealership try and get it out, but was just curious if I can do it myself.

Basically, I wanted to hit the bass button and instead hit a different CD while a song was being played. So it then moved to that new CD and then got stuck. I can't eject any CD or move to another CD at all. Heck, I can't even play any CD either.

Paul

·
Registered
514 Posts
Re: What is the CC fix for a stuck CD (pie_ya)

Just barely stick a credit card, or any semi-thick laminated card, in the slot. I did this over a year ago and my HU has been flawless since. This trick, indeed, worked and got my stuck CD out.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: What is the CC fix for a stuck CD (KVB)

Quote, originally posted by KVB »
Just barely stick a credit card, or any semi-thick laminated card, in the slot. I did this over a year ago and my HU has been flawless since. This trick, indeed, worked and got my stuck CD out.

Kevin

So just press the eject button and then barely stick the CC in? I might have tried that. How far behind the dust wiskers do I go? And how long do I hold it there?

·
Registered
25 Posts

I didn't try any tricks when this hapened to me. Volvo replaced entire unit under warranty but it took 2 days total: 1 day to diagnose the problem and tell me they did not have the replacement unit in stock and 1 day to install.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: What is the CC fix for a stuck CD (Tantrum)

It is a know defect. Volvo even has a TNN for this. I don't know what it is (anyone?) If you find it and take it in they will replace your complete head unit. Rick

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: What is the CC fix for a stuck CD (MASH)

I had the CD player replaced under warranty. Though they didn't find any codes were thrown.

They even had the CD player in stock!! Same day service with a rental to boot!! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
514 Posts

Quote, originally posted by pie_ya »

So just press the eject button and then barely stick the CC in? I might have tried that. How far behind the dust wiskers do I go? And how long do I hold it there?

I just barely stuck my ID in the slot, no eject or anything, and it shocked me how fast it spit the cd out. This unit has since worked fine for over a year and a half. Worked for me and other from what I have read elsewhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.