SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

What is the best way to remove Shimmy and Vibration?

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  volvos4022 
#1 ·
We all know that adding lowering springs and aftermarket rims causes these problems. I know the most common solution to vibration is from rebalancing tires and inspecting rims for cracks. What other things have people tried that was successful to remove these two problems?

#2 ·
Re: What is the best way to remove Shimmy and Vibration? (Vash13)

Worn out driveshafts and loose engine struts are also common problem. Do you get vibration when accelerating, breaking, going straight with gear on or in neutral?

I experience some vibration when accelerating with 2nd gear - I have a bad feeling its the driveshaft vibrating. Those bastards cost over 2000 USD to change for both sides here in Finland.

#3 ·
i get a lot of vibration when revving at a stand still just over 2000 rpm

#4 ·
Re: What is the best way to remove Shimmy and Vibration? (mdms)

Quote, originally posted by mdms »
Worn out driveshafts and loose engine struts are also common problem. Do you get vibration when accelerating, breaking, going straight with gear on or in neutral?

I experience some vibration when accelerating with 2nd gear - I have a bad feeling its the driveshaft vibrating. Those bastards cost over 2000 USD to change for both sides here in Finland.

going straight with gear

#10 ·
Fill them with urethane, go to home depot and get something called window wield. Its cheap and almost pure black urethane. Fill the mounts and let dry for 2-3 days.

You need to remove the mounts to fill them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.