SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The one that looks like a motion-blurred rounded-rectangle, between the temp and time. Granted, we don't have our car yet, but the three times we test drove one, for the life of me I couldn't figure out what I was looking at:

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Worm hole indicator? I've had the vehicle since August, I've seen this numerous times on the dash and never thought to ask......I'll try to find out on the app. Thanks for asking, we'll both learn something.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Worm hole indicator? I've had the vehicle since August, I've seen this numerous times on the dash and never thought to ask......I'll try to find out on the app. Thanks for asking, we'll both learn something.
LMAO :) Of COURSE! Wormhole! Obviously!! It should have occurred to me. I feel so dumb now. :)

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
This has come up a few times and basically it means everything is ok, it doesn't mean much else.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This has come up a few times and basically it means everything is ok, it doesn't mean much else.
Wait... what? How does it mean that? Or at least, what is the official Volvo explanation for what the symbol/icon represents?

·
Registered
374 Posts
It also changes when air suspension is active. I don't look much during starting and stopping, but I have noticed it changes to a vehicle shape with an 'up' or 'down' arrow when the air suspension is adjusting.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Wait... what? How does it mean that? Or at least, what is the official Volvo explanation for what the symbol/icon represents?
Search for the other two threads about this if you'd like specifics which sum up it really has no meaning. As mentioned in that area will appear a vehicle icon with arrows pointing up or down if the car is being raised or lowered with air suspension or status messages, but the icon itself doesn't have an actual specific meaning. Take it all for what it is worth though...

·
Registered
138 Posts
It's simply the spot on the dash that Volvo uses to communicate errors or other activity to the driver. For instance, one day I randomly received an Airbag warning -- and that spot is where the ! (or whatever the warning signal was) displayed. Also, there is a message here when you remote start the engine and then arrive at the vehicle.

As others have said, generally speaking, if it's blank that's a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha. OK. Still (quite) weird. But thanks all for clarifying. Trying to learn as much as possible before our vehicle arrives in early May! :)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You mean, other than the other threads where this is discussed on this site? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You know, I figured someone must have asked it, but it's not exactly an easy thing to search for. I mean, what keywords would you use? "weird dashboard icon?" "dashboard icon"? Because none of those return any results besides the one I just started :) :p

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
I googled 'Swedespeed what icon top istrument" and "swedespeed icon what top" and got the threads about it: (I find using google best searching forums for posts instead of using the forums built in search function more often than not)

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...k-and-the-temperature-in-the-instrument-panel
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...play-indicator-and-a-button-on-center-console
And this thread came up as well as a result.

Still, can't blame a new person to the forum for not being able to find an answer to this as it isn't an obvious 'find' in all the threads we've got going.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I googled 'Swedespeed what icon top istrument" and "swedespeed icon what top" and got the threads about it: (I find using google best searching forums for posts instead of using the forums built in search function more often than not)

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...k-and-the-temperature-in-the-instrument-panel
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...play-indicator-and-a-button-on-center-console
And this thread came up as well as a result.

Still, can't blame a new person to the forum for not being able to find an answer to this as it isn't an obvious 'find' in all the threads we've got going.
Why didn't I think of that.... *facepalm* :p thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
435 Posts
It would really be interesting to know based on which human interface principle "all ok" now needs an own icon. I'd rather go for the airbus (well, actually it is like this in cars as well) model "if it is off, it is ok", so nothing there means there's nothing to say... now, this could be a good place to vent on the lack of low fuel warning again :D :D :D but I'll be nice tonight...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts