SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought used. Used to work for Volvo and car is way to quick feeling from get go. I finally installed a boost gauge just to see if I am chipped (I was hoping for like 15psi but that is ridiculous!) and although I do have to tight some bras fittings and bosses up more I am Consistently Running 11psi. always at WOT. I am wondering if I tighten everything if it’ll go to 12.

Only mod is an has intake (run stock box and IPD FILTER DURING SUMMER) and muffler delete. Soon a snabb downpipe. Any ideas? I thought Volvo set the low pressure turbos @ 6psi. But that was 04’. Hell even if the LPT and HPT ran 10psi the larger HPT unit would obviously put out more.

I really appreciate y’all’s help and this is my first post and YES i did use the search function to no avail. My newest mods this weeks are H&R springs and stainless steel brake lines. Thanks! Chris

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I always thought stock is about 8-9 on LPT with a spike to 11ish on occasion... But if y'all late seeing around 11 normal, then that's what I'd say it is.

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Stock, my 09 2.5t religiously pulled 8-9 with an occasional spike above 10 (hard acceleration and shift).
Stage 1 Shark tune and it pulls consistently 13-14 with spikes to 15.

But each car is unique, so maybe you're pulling a little more?

·
Registered
31 Posts
This is interesting...

My '04 2.5T only shows (through OBD and Torque) boost values of 0.4bar which equates to about 5.8psi...

Isn't this a bit low?
I also had it measured, and it made the factory power (210hp).

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Stock, my 09 2.5t religiously pulled 8-9 with an occasional spike above 10 (hard acceleration and shift).
Stage 1 Shark tune and it pulls consistently 13-14 with spikes to 15.

But each car is unique, so maybe you're pulling a little more?
This is right on par with what I'm seeing. Usually 7-8 with spikes to 10 or so.

If you're seeing below 6, then something is wrong, possibly a slight vacuum leak...

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts