SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Volvo press release implies that there is additional steering wheel control functionality for Sensus in the 2013 model year cars. Does anyone know if this is true or if they are just referring to a software upgrade?

Thanks!

-dbk123

·
Official VCNA Account
66 Posts
Hi dbk123, there are several improvements for Sensus 3.0 with the intention of making the system easier to use for the driver. It's a software update that can be taken care of at your local Volvo dealership. Here's a quick look at some of the bigger changes in 3.0

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Helpful information

Thanks! That is helpful information. I trust that this same functionality can be obtained in model year 2012 cars via a software upgrade, is this correct?

·
Official VCNA Account
66 Posts
You are correct, the update can be made on model year 2012 cars. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I'm confused, it starts out saying Sensus is improved, to keep BOTH hands on the wheel, but then "Source button function" requires the driver to remove their hand from the wheel to push a center console button TWICE ?

Also confused at how "press-hold exit" is different/improved now than before? I though press-hold exit before brought up the menu?

It could all be even a TON eaiser than that if you just added another single DEDICATED source button to the steering wheel to loop through all the sources like so many other car makers offer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do you have a non-Sensus system that was updated to 3.0? If not, are there any updates to that system? We have a 2011 pre-Sensus XC60.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a 2011.5 which was updated to 3.0 last month for free. It now has all of these features.
Did you have any problem getting the dealer to update yours? Did you call specifically for the update or ask during a scheduled maintenance visit? I'm having trouble getting my dealer to update my 2011.5 and wondered what worked for you.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Do you have a non-Sensus system that was updated to 3.0? If not, are there any updates to that system? We have a 2011 pre-Sensus XC60.
All 2011.5's have Sensus as that was one of the refresh differences. AFAIK you cannot update a 2011 to Sensus.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Did you have any problem getting the dealer to update yours? Did you call specifically for the update or ask during a scheduled maintenance visit? I'm having trouble getting my dealer to update my 2011.5 and wondered what worked for you.
I had no problem getting an update though it was at my 15k service. If you don't want to wait till an interval there are several issues reported here that you can use for a service call. The simplest is the system freezing and not responding to inputs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
All 2011.5's have Sensus as that was one of the refresh differences. AFAIK you cannot update a 2011 to Sensus.
I was afraid that might be the answer. Would anyone know if there have been software updates for the 2011 pre-Sensus NAV system?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I had no problem getting an update though it was at my 15k service. If you don't want to wait till an interval there are several issues reported here that you can use for a service call. The simplest is the system freezing and not responding to inputs.
Well good news for me today. I got the dealer to update the Sensus to 3.0. I'm out of town in Kansas with my car and since there is no local dealer in Texas where I live, I had them perform the 22,500 mile service. I had been having problems with my iPhone not playing music through the iPod function of the phone which I wanted them to look into also. Anyway I asked the dealer to also update my Sensus to 3.0 and they told me they would. When I go to pick my car up they had it washed and looking nice. The advisor told me that the 2011 wasn't eligible for the new Sensus 3.0 but they updated other software the car needed. When I drove off I notice I have the trip statistics function that the above literature says is part of Sensus 3.0. I haven't played around with it much but maybe one of the upgrades they did was the 3.0 and they didn't realize it? On a side note, I was impressed with the dealer (Gorges Volvo). I'm an out of towner but they gave me a S80 loaner and the technician was waiting for me when I arrived and sat in my car with me to check my iPod and Bluetooth issue. Very helpful service dept staff also.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts