SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I crawled under my 1999 V70XC last night to find out the source of a fluid leak I've noticed recently. I snapped a picture of the source and wondered if someone could tell me what it is. This photo is taken looking straight up through the bottom of the car, near the back of the engine compartment on the driver's side. At first I thought it was a power steering leak, but after getting under the car it looks to be oil.

·
Registered
808 Posts
The item with the oil on it is the turbo. It could be a turbo line leaking, or it could be leaking from above at the valve cover or possibly rear cam seal. Try to look at the back of the engine from above in that area to narrow down the possibilities.

·
Registered
572 Posts
The photo is a bit tricky to see much in, but it looks like normal turbo sweat to me. I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help guys. I don't see any source of a leak above the turbo, and I think it's a bit more serious that just sweat, though. There is quite a bit of oil residue on parts of the undercarriage from dripping and I've been noticing it in the driveway too. I checked the oil and it's down a little more than a litre after just 2000km since the last change.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts