SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, so one of my low beams has been out for a while and I got pulled over yesterday. Im looking into buying some HIDs but i know nothing about them Here are the options:<p>1 pair of Apexcone 4300K bulbs (rated for both 35w and 55w) H11, used for about 1 week.<br>1 pair of 4300k bulb (used for 35W) (about 2 years usage)<br>1 single 4300k bulb for 55W, H11 (not sure about usage time)<p>How long do these bulbs generally last? Pics anyone? I need these on my car ASAP!

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Re: What in the hell are HIDs? (GetDown)

The design behind HID's are that they are supposed to out last a standard halogen bulb. They dont have a filament like a standard bulb rather a gas that uses high voltage to emit a brilliant light. HID bulbs are supposed to last the lifetime of the vehicle however i have seen some fail its very uncommon.<p>The K ratings you have listed will change the color of the bulb. A 4300k bulb is going to be your standard pure white light.<p>Im assuming you have standard halogen bulbs and thats why you are inquiring. I would check out sharphid.com as i just bought a set off a SS memeber and love them. Much better than the ones ive had thru a local seller.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea those ones i listed are from an SS member as well. So as far at the wattage, what does the s40 have, 35 or 55? Im just going to buy the ones used for a week i think. Thanks

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Re: (GetDown)

Your going to need more than just the bulbs... im hoping your looking at a full HID kit if you have factory halogen bulbs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts