SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this rendering of an 2015 XC90 as a pickup, and it got me to thinking, what do you guys think a pickup truck made by Volvo would be like? What features would it have, what would it look like? Would it ever happen? Personally, I think the much beefier design of this year's XC90 looks quite good as a pickup.

(by the way, what's with all this Korean spam?)

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm not aware of any official Volvo pickup trucks, but there have been many pickup truck conversions done over the years by a variety of businesses and individuals. I think some countries offer tax incentives depending on the vehicle type classification, which is why you see a lot of pickup truck conversions in places like the Netherlands.

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
I don't think Volvo will ever make a pickup. Pickups aren't very popular in Europe, people would rather have an SUV or wagon with a rubber trunk liner and roof racks.

That being said, I have thought about it many times. I imagine a Volvo pickup would resemble the XC90 on the front, 4 door cab. Then a bed which extended it slightly longer than the XC90. Probably something similar to the Chevy Avalanche with the extended C pillars, because Volvo would need those to reinforce the cab. I doubt a vehicle with a flat back right behind the passenger compartment would suffice for Volvo safety engineers.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Looks like bringing back the VW and Subaru wagon-pickup conversions a bit.;)

Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
In sweden we have something called A-traktor its a "pickup" you cab drive when you turn 15, and you are only allowed to travel at 30km/h

Sent from my Brick using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts