SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I was wondering what included into IAQS (internal air quality system)? Is it possible to add this feature to the car that doesn't have it from factory. And more important - does it make sense? The XC I'm parting out has IAQS and I was thinking .. if the only difference is control unit and filter I would like to try it..

Any thoughts?

Thx in advance

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Iirc, its just a different filter and a different setting on the ccm. We had 1 r with and 1 without and noticed no difference.

·
Banned
3,517 Posts
Iirc, its just a different filter and a different setting on the ccm. We had 1 r with and 1 without and noticed no difference.
The IAQS system has also an air-quality sensor that closes the fresh-air intake when outside air is poorer quality than inside (if the auto mode of recycler is enabled).
If you only use the filter, it will remove smelly odors from the air but it will not check the airquality.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The IAQS system has also an air-quality sensor that closes the fresh-air intake when outside air is poorer quality than inside
Is this sensor located in the control unit or it's remote somewhere? Could someone post a drawing from VIDA?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
The IAQS system has also an air-quality sensor that closes the fresh-air intake when outside air is poorer quality than inside (if the auto mode of recycler is enabled).
If you only use the filter, it will remove smelly odors from the air but it will not check the airquality.
That makes sense. In the end, we never noticed any advantage from the iaqs though. I had honestly hoped for more when we bought the car with it.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Some REALLY notice the difference, some do not. (I don't but I smoke)
I suppose it depends on how sensitive your eyes and nose are and if you have allergies

·
Banned
3,517 Posts
N° 37 is the sensor, you need motor (3), inlet housing (1) and the cable (40)
http://www.volvopartswebstore.com/s...=7876&ukey_driveLine=483&ukey_trimLevel=11150
Still don't know if you can let the airquality sensor do it's work then because you need the button I think with it's 3setting (off (always open), manual close, auto) v. 2 (close, open) on the climatepanel and SW for it to work. When you go from standard filter to iaqs filter you also need to alter this with vadis/vida.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts