SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So to start, my 240 is a true 5 speed, and the shift boot keeps pulling up out of the carpet. in my anger, i jammed it down, pushing a wire that was next to the shifter down next to the drive shaft. the driveshaft then caught it and ripped it out. now my turn signals dont work. (hazards do, brights as well) but turn signals are dead.

and now, my question. what did i break??

EDIT: it was a fuse! 2nd fuse ive popped this week! first the radio, then this. 1 and 5... i think 8 is going next. anyways. i think i might have ripped out the heated seats relay thingy (i no longer have the grid in the seats to even use that). i tried to trace where the wire WAS, and i still can find nothing in either direction.... this worries me.

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Mason;

Your '90 240 has a dedicated sensor in the driver's seat to measure operator anger levels.

You done good!

Check your backup lights and also the shift interlock if installed.

Once back in the fuse box spin each fuse and be sure of no crud on the contacts.

George Dill

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have just found what i ruined. i ripped out my reverse lights *facepalm* thank you George.

one more before i part. my trunk wont unlock. i unlock the whole car, trunk wont. i turn the key in the trunk latch and it wont go all the way to unlock it... did i get something caught? should i do the "screwdriver on a pole" thing through the back seat?

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
I have just found what i ruined. i ripped out my reverse lights *facepalm* thank you George.

one more before i part. my trunk wont unlock. i unlock the whole car, trunk wont. i turn the key in the trunk latch and it wont go all the way to unlock it... did i get something caught? should i do the "screwdriver on a pole" thing through the back seat?
While attempting to turn the key in the trunk lock have your 350lb neighbor jump on/off the trunk without hurting herself or the car.

BTW, check the car's shift bushing(s) and linkage for wear, etc.

George Dill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts