SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, here’s a bit of a tough question I have been wanting to ask about.

As stated in my Signature, we used to own an Emerald Green/Black 1998 V70 AWD 5MT (One of 7 in Canada/all of NA) that we “converted” into a V70 “R AWD Manual” via all the exterior/interior upgrades and a Super High Pressure K3 Turbo.

We owned the car until 2007 when we sold it as it was prematurely rusting. Rather wierdly, although it is possible to find info on some of it’s “sisters” (the other 6), I have never ever found any info on it on the Internet, even via it’s VIN no.

VIN: YV1LW5602W2356697

So here’s the question: What happened to it? Was it bought by somebody on Swedespeed or another forum? It was so “enthusiast oriented” that it would only make sense.

Images (of similar cars)

https://images.app.goo.gl/6tZPqYemhQVeukfw5

https://images.app.goo.gl/yt6H5jN1yaUAZJE47

Thanks, SVA

·
Super Moderator
8,701 Posts
Who did you sell it to in 2007? Do they know where it is or who it was sold to? Did you try a CarFax?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Who did you sell it to in 2007? Do they know where it is or who it was sold to? Did you try a CarFax?
It went to a dealer called World Fine Cars, traded for what eventually became an awful, problematic ‘04 545i M-Sport BMW. We have never contacted them since.

Carfax actually has info, but one has to pay!!

SVA

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
It went to a dealer called World Fine Cars, traded for what eventually became an awful, problematic ‘04 545i M-Sport BMW. We have never contacted them since.

Carfax actually has info, but one has to pay!!

SVA
You could try a basic VIN history report site like vehiclehistory.com. It won't get into specifics, but you can usually find the most recent registration info (date, location, and mileage at least).

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Hey, I just noticed this thread. Ran your VIN through Autocheck... Not the best of news about it:

1998 V70 GLT - YV1LW5602W2356697 - SVA, pg1.jpg
1998 V70 GLT - YV1LW5602W2356697 - SVA, pg2.jpg
1998 V70 GLT - YV1LW5602W2356697 - SVA, pg3.jpg

·
Registered
1,637 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts