269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
860 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Hahaha this fking thing again. Someone posted a thread about this same eBay listing like a month or two ago I can't find the thread. So damm ugly. I think they actually talked to the owner and got the backstory I'll see if I can find it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
This isn’t first time this car popped up someone posted it before couple times. Frankenstein Volvo for sure I would stay away.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It might not be bad as a parts car for $4000... what's left of it anyway.

I'm curious to hear the story... I like stories.

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
Woah. Facelift V70 bumper and normal halogens. Someone didn’t utilize the Brembos properly it seems. Normal R with body kit besides that

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't notice the halogens. That is actually interesting to me since I hate the HID lights. Curious how easy it would be to convert.

I did notice that none of the instrument cluster pictures are with the engine running, which usually means the IP is a complete Christmas tree of warning lights...

·
Registered
437 Posts
It might not be bad as a parts car for $4000... what's left of it anyway.

I'm curious to hear the story... I like stories.
that's more than several working legitimate stock Rs that are complete and driving. Might as well replace the R bits and fix it up... but not at that price :nono:

If they just swapped a random DIM in and it's not just the gauges that whole thing is gonna be f*cked and cost big bucks to get a new one programmed.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Someone bought it, swapped the parts they wanted over to their regular s60, as the we're gonna convert to an R. Once they realized it couldn't happen they kept the swapped parts and put the regular parts back on. That's the story I remember anyways

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
My theory is it was wrecked, bought at auction, repaired using whatever they had on hand and is now for sale again. Not sure what the title shows but we found lots and lots of inconsistencies in the last thread.

·
Registered
860 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
that's more than several working legitimate stock Rs that are complete and driving.
Not that I have seen anymore... watching eBay auctions and autotrader, even the '04-05s are creeping up into the $6-8k range.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts