SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went away for a couple of weeks and now that I am back, I have noticed a significant change in the R Forum - What's going on? I am having a hard time getting back into the flow...

The R Forum just seems different and I can't exactly understand why.

Do others feel this way or is it just me?

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Re: What happened to the R Forum? (bschurr)

Quote, originally posted by bschurr »
I went away for a couple of weeks and now that I am back, I have noticed a significant change in the R Forum - What's going on? I am having a hard time getting back into the flow...

The R Forum just seems different and I can't exactly understand why.

Nah...... I wouldn't worry about it, fiery and vocal people are pretty much gone.. except ol' fart JRL is still hammering away......

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

It's not you

·
Registered
99 Posts

I think many of us have followed enough threads, sorted out enuf problems vented plenty of complaints that theres just not much more spunk left in our "R" spirit.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: What happened to the R Forum? (Tifosi1)

Quote, originally posted by Tifosi1 »
I think many of us have followed enough threads, sorted out enuf problems vented plenty of complaints that theres just not much more spunk left in our "R" spirit.

Just my 2 cents.

I would agree with this statement. As any car ages through the production years, the thread count tends to drop.......unless you want to talk about illegal street races. There are a fair number of those owners who would love to take the stage.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts

Quote, originally posted by bschurr »

It's not just you. The general mood around here lately seems to be cranky. There's also been a glut of idiot posts along with some corresponding ratings reductions.

I think that no one is doing much exciting worth following and everyone is bored.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Re: What happened to the R Forum? (MagoonR)

The small amount of aftermarket options also has something to do with it. Everyone has researched all the bolt on mods out there and they have all been discussed ad nauseum. I still love my R though.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Re: What happened to the R Forum? (needsdecaf)

Quote, originally posted by needsdecaf »
I think that no one is doing much exciting worth following and everyone is bored.

Should I show them Mash so they have somebody to pick on?

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: What happened to the R Forum? (frankhoffy)

Quote, originally posted by frankhoffy »
Should I show them Mash so they have somebody to pick on?

Yeah, no kidding. I would love to see some new mods, but I don't blame some people for not wanting to post stuff. There are a couple of people lurking around here who think that they're God's gift to Volvo and feel it necessary to poop on people's parade when they present mods that have already been done. Frankly, it's really pissing me off. People want to be happy about what they've done, so let them. If you've already done it or you think it's lame, STFU unless they ask your opinion.

This is a great forum and I've learned a lot in the 6 months I've been posting. There are some new members here, but unfortunately they're not getting the kind of reception that I got when I first joined. Too bad. And too bad it's, as usual, one or two bad apples ruining the bunch.

Modified by needsdecaf at 8:15 PM 6-7-2006

·
Super Moderator
14,834 Posts
Re: (Copeland)

Quote, originally posted by Copeland »
<------------------ What rating deductions

you're just a bad a$$

·
Registered
336 Posts

I would have to agree. I got flamed the other day from a senior member of this forum for no good reason. The atmosphere on this forum is not the most welcoming lately.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: What happened to the R Forum? (Dashdog)

You did answer why you're such a ... to have to sneak a mod under your wife's nose?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: What happened to the R Forum? (Dashdog)

Who cares about the grumps in here! We all have SO MUCH to LEARN from one another. We just have to snip that [email protected] in the a$$ when it happens. If a guy is being a jerk, CALL HIM OUT! Soon enough nobody will care what they say and they will quit posting. We are bright enough to figure most things out. And if I had a choice to listen to some jerk off with a snyde comment, OR open a book and teach myself (so I can teach others as well) I will gladly pick the latter! Cheers gentlemen, and happy posting. Rick

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Re: What happened to the R Forum? (Mash)

Quote, originally posted by Mash »
Who cares about the grumps in here! We all have SO MUCH to LEARN from one another. We just have to snip that [email protected] in the a$$ when it happens. If a guy is being a jerk, CALL HIM OUT! Soon enough nobody will care what they say and they will quit posting. We are bright enough to figure most things out. And if I had a choice to listen to some jerk off with a snyde comment, OR open a book and teach myself (so I can teach others as well) I will gladly pick the latter! Cheers gentlemen, and happy posting. Rick

Amen, I agree totally! Let the same ole smart a#%es keep doing their thing and I personally like learning all I can about our R's, even if the thread has been beaten to death before. I have a lot of mods I would like to do in the future but for now I am trying to learn what's worked out best from other peoples experience.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

What's this we s**t, you've been here less than a year

·
Registered
5,848 Posts

The same thing happens every Summer. People get busy, don't check in as much and the new guys to the forum ask old questions. Then when the "old timers" do check in, it's "not that again" . It becomes a cycle. When Fall and Winter come back around, new topics will reemerge.
I for one use Summer to play with my 250 HP toy.

Donations for gas can be sent to................

1 - 20 of 68 Posts