SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read all about it.

At this point I'm not sure what it is. Friend of mine suggested that the torque converter might be faulty, and someone else suggested the rear end torqueing over.

I don't know what to think. Anyone else got any ideas? I'm not willing to drive the car if its doing this.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Check the center driveshaft support bearing for play.

I think it was about $60 in parts and an hour labor (I removed the driveshaft, dealership pressed in new bearing).

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Play?

poop...the whole thing was shredded :| Bearing must've given out bigtime...and I drive on a highway for 30 miles every day.

I'll be getting that one fixed for sure. Thanks!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Re: (AndytheNissanBoy)

Quote, originally posted by AndytheNissanBoy »
Play?

poop...the whole thing was shredded :| Bearing must've given out bigtime...and I drive on a highway for 30 miles every day.

I'll be getting that one fixed for sure. Thanks!

No problem at all. When mine was on its way out, it took me a bit to figure out what was going on.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm in San Francisco right now, and I'm going home tommorrow. I'll get it fixed on Friday. Sure wish I'd foud it earlier so I could've had it fixed before vacation.

In a slightly related note, the 240 wagon is VERY popular around the Castro District. Perhaps our bricks are a small statement of gay pride wherever they go

1 - 6 of 6 Posts