SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know where I'm supposed to post this, but I am just so excited I have to share it with the only people I can think of that will appreciate it.

After drooling, coveting, and longing for a 98-00 V70T5, I finally got one.

1998 V70T5 (automatic... I can alreay hear your scorn, but don't harsh my joy)
Premium, Climate
144k miles
one owner, no accidents, immaculate in and out. Southern CA car, so no harsh weather wear & tear

yeah, she needs a little maintenance, but the body and interior make up for it
Tranny service
timing belt
ABS unit
Turbo boost pressure leak (tiny, but present)
fog lamp covers are cracked
radiator flush & hoses
tailgate latch is iffy

i have a photo, but it's not on photobucket yet (there is a way to post them in the thread, isn't there?)

and i'm so excited all i want to do is DRIVE
i may have to change my username to speedyspady...

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Correct forum

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
You found the right place, and I'm sure there are many of us here that understand your joy. I've had a thing for my '98 for many a year now, treat it well and it will serve you well.

·
Registered
97 Posts
i just bought my 98 v70r saff in april.. my first Volvo too.. the car is sex. it's not my daily, but i wish i could get another just like it..

Piece of advice: get to know other local forum members and go to a get-together ASAP!! you'll make some new friends and learn a lot!! even probably get some parts goodies and help with work.. it's a great thing!

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
Congrats!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! I'm still jazzed; i keep looking at the pics when i'm at my desk, or in a store. or in bed. i'm sure this level of enthusiasm will wear off, but for now, it's like new love. :)

so, where can i get floormats? they were clearly always in the car, because the carpet is new looking, but they are missing now and i want new ones. any suggestions?

i'll manage to post some pics once she's detailed. [squeal!]

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
So, by Dead Center California, haven't found it on the map, would that be the Fresno area?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Go even further center than that to Madera. My V70 isn't the only Volvo in the zip code, but the other one is also in my driveway, so maybe it doesn't count? ; )

·
Registered
305 Posts
What color interior? I have a set of chatcoal mats ftom my S 70 that havent been in the car for years. I use the all weather mats

Yep, sent from my rooted, rommed Galaxy Nexus....

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the interior is sandstone, but graphite mats wouldn't hurt my feelings... ; )
so, where are you located? shipping a possiblity?
IM when you get a chance. thanks!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

just got her, not even detailed yet. and i'm still so excited i can hardly go to work everyday

·
Registered
305 Posts
fix your pic link so we can se her!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Chris has been helping me get the pics up. i am NOT sure what i've been doing incorrectly, but look, there's one above! (normally i'm much better with this kind of thing, but this one has me feeling pretty lame, lol)

hoping to pick her up from the mechanic Friday, fully detailed. FINGERS CROSSED. i want to stop driving the Audi, and get this T5 on the road!

Hey, anyone have an ABS module for a 98-00 70 laying around that they feel like shipping to CA...? heh heh heh

·
Registered
547 Posts
I've gotta do abs module on the s70 I just picked up, too.

For flickr, what you need to do is link to the jpg itself rather than the set. So open the pic, then right-click and select the image size (medium 640 or 800 is usually a good choice). When the resized picture appears, right-click on the pic and select properties. That will show you the weblink to the pic itself. If you right-click on the pic I pasted above for you and select properties, you'll see what I mean. The link ends in .jpg. If your link ends in anything else, it won't work.

What I did to fix yours was right-click your empty box, copy the link, and paste it into my browser minus the "/in/photostream/"
Then I right-clicked the pick, selected Medium 640, right-clicked new pic and copied the link properties and pasted here.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Great, thank you

I'm picking her up tonight in LA and driving her home Sunday. Timing belt, tranny service and turbo leak fixed. And a complete detail. ABS module will be next, and then o to the cosmetic things (the chrome on the wheels is shot and a bit too bling for me, and it needs floor mats...)
Buy I'm like a kid going to Disneyland. Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts