SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm looking to grab a set of all weather floor mats that clip into the carpet for my 98 s70. It has the ugly 2 tone interior; beige with charcoal trim.

I am trying to find a black or charcoal set that will match the charcoal trim in the car, but its hard to tell gauge the color because all the pictures are either generic, not in a s70, or a combination of the 2.

So with that said, what are you guys rocking? Please post pictures if you can.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
You can find good used sets of the charcoal oem all weather rubber ones on ebay for not much.

I have the original R mats in my during the summer and clean months and then I made the mistake of buying the Rensi all weather ones from IPD for winter. They don't clip and slide all the Fuuuuck over the place. Suck. I may drill small holes in them to clip into the carpet or buy the ones I mentioned. And then I have a brand new set of R mats in a box still, along with a brand new set in a box for my sonic SR

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^you floor mat whore lol

I saw the Rensi ones, not impressed at all. Plus as you mentioned, they don't clip into the floor, big fail.

ill check ebay for a used oem set. is it safe to assume the 850 mats are identical with the same mountings points?

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Uh idk. I assume the floors are the same. Not sure about the clips though. Yeah I have a lot of mats. Then I have the original Nordkap ones for my SR and a custom set of Evolve ones for it lol. My gf is like wtf...

From the dealer those rubber all weather ones are pricey I remember. Worth getting a good used set I think. Then just wash them.

·
Registered
271 Posts

Factory Volvo "black" rubber mats. Around $125 from Eeuroparts shipped. Used ones tend to have the driver's mat in poor condition

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those fit perfectly, and seem to match the rest of the charcoal in the interior.

Think the cheapest I found these so far was like $110 or so. Thats about the price I paid for my OEM Audi all weather mats.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
BTW you don't "rock" a floor mat, you put your dirty feet on it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I use the Rensi mats most of the time. They have worked well for me. It is a bit of a pain that the drivers mat isn't tethered but the stiff, bucket design makes me feel better when I have gotten in with muddy boots or just when the weather is crappy with snow, ice and/or rain. Very easy to keep whatever they catch from falling out of the mat into the car. I spilled almost an entire 12oz soda in the drivers side and it held it all without a drop touching the carpet I had pulled and shampooed summer before last.

·
Registered
354 Posts
The Volvo OEM ones for these cars are fantastic. Well made, stay put, and have that absorbent mat on the driver's side that keeps most reasonable amounts of water and snow melt from sloshing around. I had a set of those molded ones in my 855 and the snow melt needed to be poured out every couple of days. I ended up replacing them with new OEM ones.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
BTW you don't "rock" a floor mat, you put your dirty feet on it.
Dirty feet in my car? Not if I can help it!

And actually, there's a lot of pea gravel around here in
the winter that gets tracked into my car, so I DO rock
the floor mats. And those mats are the OEM rubbers
with the stock R mats on top. That right - Layers! ��

Merry Christmas, Everyone!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts

I'm rocking the oem tan all weathers from my dads old T5. My SE has black interior though, so looking to trade for black ones :)

I'm in the Montreal area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
841 Posts
Check for stones under the mat if it's rocking back and forth under your foot. Kids...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts