SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Re: What ECU do you use (p0cket penguins)

What is Superchip?

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Re: What ECU do you use (vintagemilano)

Quote, originally posted by vintagemilano »
I assume that "scared of volvo" means anyone who has an original ECU????

I'm sure that's what it means, but futhermore, I would not say scared of Volvo, since in most cases it's just a well informed personal choice to keep stock ECU.
... or just say "stock ECU" and who cares why!

LTA

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Re: What ECU do you use ("R" Kelly)

Quote, originally posted by "R" Kelly »
What is Superchip?
Shhh... it's under top-secret development at the Superlabs and I think it will use kryptonite!

Seriously, I don't know either but it could be this:
http://www.superchips.com/vehicles.phtml
They don't list Volvo nor are they looking for one... maybe one of you Floridians (or soon to be Floridians) can convince them otherwise.

LTA

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts
Re: What ECU do you use ("R" Kelly)

Quote, originally posted by "R" Kelly »
What is Superchip?

I think it's someone who means PowerChips, but are using the terms synonymously.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Re: What ECU do you use (R Salesman)

Quote, originally posted by R Salesman »
I think it's someone who means PowerChips, but are using the terms synonymously.

This may be true. I do know there is a company called Superchips that makes ECU plug-ins for Fords. I had a Superchips chip in my old SHO.

It really produced some nice gains on that ol' car. I hated getting rid of it. That Yamaha V6 was stronger than the car they put it in!

-Ben

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Re: What ECU do you use (R Salesman)

Quote, originally posted by R Salesman »

But Evolve is Powerchips, so not necessary...

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Re: What ECU do you use (BOOSTED S60R)

Quote, originally posted by BOOSTED S60R »
I use the Rica Stage2 with a unichip piggyback ecu.

So BOOSTED, you never divulged the details of the UNICHIP piggyback (or did you?). How is it so far? Any issues?

TIA

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Re: What ECU do you use (IwantaS60R)

Quote, originally posted by IwantaS60R »
So BOOSTED, you never divulged the details of the UNICHIP piggyback (or did you?). How is it so far? Any issues?

TIA
still working on tuning it out but lets justs say it has made more power then ever before at a much lower boost level so we will see once eveything is done I will make a long detailed post about everything.

·
Premium Member
3,978 Posts
Re: What ECU do you use (BOOSTED S60R)

What is interesting is that you are running a chip and a piggy. We are planning on running a EBC and unichip, injectors, cross oiled crank, exhaust lobe grind cams and a complete rebuild and ported bottom end and a rising rate fuel regulator BUT the stock ECU without chip. We are using the unichip to the maximum

Unichip is great so far for what we are trying which is in the 450 bhp area

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.