SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What exactly does the 4C and Chassis modes control besides suspension dampening?

Just wondering what is adjusted when you switch modes in order to better diagnose what my car is doing haha.

Shift points on auto? Throttle response? DSTC? Boost Pressure? Etc...

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Did you even bother reading the first page of threads? It was just discussed, although misinformation being still spread.
It changes accelerator pedal characteristics. Comfort and Sport have one setting and Advanced a more aggressive one.
Boost pressure is the same. DSTC is not affected. Idle timing is different a little. Thats it. For stock tune.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Did you even bother reading the first page of threads? It was just discussed, although misinformation being still spread.
It changes accelerator pedal characteristics. Comfort and Sport have one setting and Advanced a more aggressive one.
Boost pressure is the same. DSTC is not affected. Idle timing is different a little. Thats it. For stock tune.
No mention of the active chassis or the transmission? The 4C buttons also affect the stiffness of the struts as part of the body-control aspect. In a GT, you'll notice that the S button on the shifter lights up in Advanced mode. Advanced automatically activates the more aggressive shift mode so that the car shifts later (holds gears longer).

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
No mention of the active chassis or the transmission? The 4C buttons also affect the stiffness of the struts as part of the body-control aspect. In a GT, you'll notice that the S button on the shifter lights up in Advanced mode. Advanced automatically activates the more aggressive shift mode so that the car shifts later (holds gears longer).
He was asking about the changes besides ride stiffness...

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Google it. It's been 11 years. It's well understood what 4C does.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe I should have rephrased that before everybody jumps down my throat about this question. I get what it does, and the other post was only about the advanced button. I wanted to know what the 4C system has the possibility to change/affect. That was I can rule out things being due to my chassis code and likely due to some other issue if the 4C system has no control over that.

What I got from the other post is "it advances timing, increases throttle response, and richens the fuel system"

Does it effect boost pressure?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Only idle timing is affected. Throttle response changes. It doesnt affect the fuel system. It doesnt affect boost pressure.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Maybe I should have rephrased that before everybody jumps down my throat about this question. I get what it does, and the other post was only about the advanced button. I wanted to know what the 4C system has the possibility to change/affect. That was I can rule out things being due to my chassis code and likely due to some other issue if the 4C system has no control over that.

What I got from the other post is "it advances timing, increases throttle response, and richens the fuel system"

Does it effect boost pressure?
Only correct way to diagnose these cars is with vida/ dice.

From my electronic gismo- Galaxy S6

·
Registered
2,045 Posts

·
Registered
6,563 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts

·
Registered