SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I've seen this posted before but could not find it using the search function.<p>Anyway, what do you use to clean your dash? I went to the dealer but was told no Volvo product available......"just use a wet cloth".<p>I use Armor-all on my other cars but not sure if that's a good idea.<p>Thanks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Re: what do you use to clean the dash? (Richardo)

I was thinking slightly damp cloth before I even clicked to see your message. Avoid Armor All and other silicone products that leave a shine--you don't want to create any glare on the dashboard.

·
Registered
365 Posts

<A HREF="http://autopia-carcare.com" TARGET="_blank">http://autopia-carcare.com</A> <br>This site has all the information you need to know to take care of your car.

·
Registered
392 Posts

I use a "California Duster" for routine cleaning. Here in Colorado, living on dirt roads, dust is the main problem. The duster does a great job without the dirty water streaks that a wet cloth leaves. Personally I really dislike the look and feel of Armor-all treated surfaces. I've also heard that it actually accelerates the breakdown of dash surfaces.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I use Einszett (1Z) Cockpit Premium. I don't like the shiny ArmorAll finish either, but this stuff leaves a matte finish that looks like it came off the showroom floor.<p>It also has a UV additive. The sun is doing more to break down your dash than chemicals you're putting on it.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Re: (Crashy)

I've always heard of this, but can't find it in any local stores. Plus I'm not to thrilled about any type of gloss/finish/whatever other than the way it rolled off the factory.

·
Registered
957 Posts

Use one of those "Swifter" dust mop sheets to clean the dash.... then I follow with some McGuire's Natural Shine. Much better product than Armor All.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts