SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just another post from me and my pondering mind...

I've been looking at S80 V8s recently. I thought of selling my current S80, and then put that money towards a 2008-2010 S80 V8. Then, I feel bad thinking about my current S80 and all the time, money, and knowledge I've put into and gotten from it. I know how to do the whole timing belt job on it now, spark plugs are easy (inline/straight engine thankfully), coil packs are easy, top engine mount is easy, fuel filter is easy, full front end suspension transformation isn't so bad anymore, radiator drain and fill is easy, cabin air filter and engine air filter are easy, and dropping transmission and engine oils are pretty easy now too (especially engine oil :p). I've also upgraded the transmission in there from TEP (Dave), upgraded all six main speakers in the cabin, did some mediocre soundproofing, and upgraded LCA bushings to polyurethane as well as the transmission torque mount too. Who knows what else I've done or about the car, but one thing I can say is that I've put a lot of time into the T6 and I can arguably say I know the car pretty well (mechanically/maintenance wise, admittedly because of you guys).

So, if I jump onto the V8 platform will I have to re-learn a bunch of stuff again? I've read that 2008-2010 V8 models are solid cars with little issues, and that they really only need a good ol' MAF cleaning every once in a great while. To elaborate, are the newer S80 models comparatively built like the older S80 platform, or are things shifted now from one location to another and made more complicated? For example, the fuel filter is no longer outside the tank, but inside the tank (just an example). I don't know, I really don't know what else to say.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
688 Posts
I wouldn't trade my S80 out now unless it was for a RWD with huge aftermarket performance options - and not an american car, or japanese.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts