SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I feel like doing some fab work. What have you been looking for but can't find anywhere?

Have fun with it...if I can't make it, maybe someone else can.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
A nice complete 3" Intake that uses the stock Nozel with an enclosed cone filter, so an aluminum cone enclosure to, just something nice and uniform compared to what I have now.

Besides the obvious ( intake, down pipe, exhaust)

How about a bigger charge pipe or a inlet plenum , I've been meaning to get with my welder for a quote.

"Embody god... Then go crazy"

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
rear shock mount adapter to run FWD coilovers... dont know if thats possible because im still a little fuzzy on the exact details. but if the rear awd shock mounts are too far away to really have Fwd shocks on then couldn't it just have a spacer or something to bring the mount closer?

Or what about a stand-off/ mount for the aftermarket TCV's. They are currently all mounted on a firewall bolt, but the solenoid is noisy, so maybe a metal bracket that mounts to the firewall bolt but has with a bunch of soft bushings?

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
More lip options!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Internal chassis braces for the V50.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
rear shock mount adapter to run FWD coilovers... dont know if thats possible because im still a little fuzzy on the exact details. but if the rear awd shock mounts are too far away to really have Fwd shocks on then couldn't it just have a spacer or something to bring the mount closer?

Or what about a stand-off/ mount for the aftermarket TCV's. They are currently all mounted on a firewall bolt, but the solenoid is noisy, so maybe a metal bracket that mounts to the firewall bolt but has with a bunch of soft bushings?
You have it backwards. The upper mount needs to be further away...

These work well for isolating vibrating things.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
A nice complete 3" Intake that uses the stock Nozel with an enclosed cone filter, so an aluminum cone enclosure to, just something nice and uniform compared to what I have now.
I want an intake that's offset from the stock airbox to make oil changes easier. Either that or a snorkel that's easier to replace

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
a new stock airbox replacement made of metal, that uses the stock mounting points, could be a bit thinner, that the original MAF and turbo downpipe can hook up to, and can use the stock air filter drawer and computer drawer or even have a separate additional thinner one you could buy for an additional fee. Make taking the airbox in and out a lot easier.

If not, some kind of 60* bend pipe from where the plastic connects to the turbo downpipe behind the engine, then a piece of pipe straight across, behind the engine, then a 90 degree bend and then a pipe coming straight down for a larger spectre or better filter to be attached to, kind of like the K&N typhoon kit but with separatable pieces.

·
Super Moderator
15,191 Posts
Lots of good ideas!

Just a warning that if this turns into a self promoting sale thread for custom fabrication, it will need to be closed. But keep the ideas flowing!

If not, some kind of 60* bend pipe from where the plastic connects to the turbo downpipe behind the engine, then a piece of pipe straight across, behind the engine, then a 90 degree bend and then a pipe coming straight down for a larger spectre or better filter to be attached to, kind of like the K&N typhoon kit but with separatable pieces.
There's no plastic touching the turbo nor the down pipe. Everything from the exhaust manifold to the downpipe/exhaust is metal.

But I think you're talking about the intake pipe? There's a lot of options for intake pipes and full intercooler hard pipe kits already.

At this point, there really isn't a lot that hasn't already been built for these cars, it's just the price we have to pay for those items.
$400 for an aluminum coolant tank is ridiculous, but I think that's an ideal product that everyone should have, especially with how common a crack plastic reservoir really is.

These cars just can't be tuned for major power, so I think the cosmetic department is where we really need more parts. Logan's suggestion of more front lips is a great one, along with more options for rear trim. Maybe even see about custom brackets (like the P2s and P80s have) for using stock calipers on larger brake discs, rather than a full brake upgrade.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Some awesome ideas in here guys! I'm going to look in to the specifics of making some of them, and see what I can do.

MNIWT - not a self-promotion, an idea engine of sorts. I know, there are specific steps that would need to be taken in order to sell new product. No Motumbo-style finger wagging today!

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Lots of good ideas!

There's a lot of options for intake pipes and full intercooler hard pipe kits already.
i do not believe there is a full hard pipe kit for AWD....

OP - i bet you would get alot of interest on a custom DP for AWD.
how about a roof wing for the s40 crowd?
metal coolant reservoir?

·
Super Moderator
15,191 Posts
MNIWT - not a self-promotion, an idea engine of sorts. I know, there are specific steps that would need to be taken in order to sell new product. No Motumbo-style finger wagging today!
I'm still your friendly neighborhood moderator :)

I didn't even think about those being different too...

There are roof lip spoilers (I had one), not sure how a full on wing would look on the S40 though.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
i am guessing what you are calling a roof lip spoiler is what i mean by roof wing as i certainly do not mean trunk/deck wing. i didnt realize there was one available for the s40?

·
Super Moderator
15,191 Posts
i am guessing what you are calling a roof lip spoiler is what i mean by roof wing as i certainly do not mean trunk/deck wing. i didnt realize there was one available for the s40?
Here's what I had. Worked a deal through one of the ebay "M3 style lip" suppliers to cut these to the length of the S40 roof line. It's that rubber plastic stuff... But it was sturdy and it was only $22.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here's what I had. Worked a deal through one of the ebay "M3 style lip" suppliers to cut these to the length of the S40 roof line. It's that rubber plastic stuff... But it was sturdy and it was only $22.

That's not a bad idea at all!!! How did it hold up? Was it a two sided tape mount?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

OP - i bet you would get alot of interest on a custom DP for AWD.
metal coolant reservoir?
I'm working with my real mechanic on fabbing a custom DP, I'll make a new thread for how we do it as things progress.

·
Super Moderator
15,191 Posts
That's not a bad idea at all!!! How did it hold up? Was it a two sided tape mount?
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...ssion-Thread&p=2241046&viewfull=1#post2241046

Stuck on with supplied 3M double stick tape. I only had it on the car for about a year before selling it. But from my experience, it would survive just as long as the car.
I got the plain black (which is why it was so cheap), but I imagine paint could have a hard time holding to it. There are some more expensive options out there that come painted, you could also get those cut to custom length and then painted to match your car.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There are secrets we use to make paint stick to stuff like that......it's not a permanent bond, but can last a very long time....especially if the whole panel is paint with the piece mounted.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts