SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

Registered
For me it is the refined, simple yet elegant, cabin. 馃槑
The seats are the most comfortable I ever sat it. The design of the exterior, just running your hand over the body of the car, feeling all the curves mainly the D pillar, how the body lines gradually end makes this one of tthe most beautiful SUVs out on the market.

Registered
The comfort of the seats is a strong first choice, since I do a lot of driving including long road trips.
Second is the fact that I can feel safer in it than just about anything else.
Third place would be the appearance. Although that seems kind of trivial to me, I get a lot of comments on how good it looks.

Registered
2020 XC60 T6 Inscription
The exterior styling really is sharp. There are so many crossovers on the market, but IMHO, the XC60 does stand out in the crowd.

Beyond that, I love all of the safety features, the "touches" like the nicely lit door handles at night, the comfort of the seats, and the amazing B&W sound system. Really great car.

Registered
AAOS (and Walkabout runs from the angry masses!)

The seats, the cabin materials, the visibility (which is pretty good for an SUV), the styling, the cabin layout.

Registered
One very underrated feature of Volvo鈥檚 in general, how unpronounced the safety intervention is.
Lane keep, blind spot detection, even the collision avoidance鈥
Chimes (if any) are calm and reassuring. Other makes, even Benz, make it sound annoyingly celebrative every time a minor hazard is detected. The ride becomes too noisy and anxious in my opinion.
NOT in a Volvo鈥

Registered
An interesting question as my current xc60 is a true love/hate relationship.

I agree wholeheartedly with the seat comfort, interior design, exterior lines. All of this is fine if you鈥檙e happy to experience them while sat on your driveway in your spontaneous dead Volvo 鈥 if you can open the doors!

It鈥檚 a bit like having a home cinema room with fantastic reclining seats, climate control, sound system, but then staring at a blank screen.

Registered
2020 XC60 T6 Inscription
One very underrated feature of Volvo鈥檚 in general, how unpronounced the safety intervention is.
Lane keep, blind spot detection, even the collision avoidance鈥
Chimes (if any) are calm and reassuring. Other makes, even Benz, make it sound annoyingly celebrative every time a minor hazard is detected. The ride becomes too noisy and anxious in my opinion.
NOT in a Volvo鈥
I am not saying this in a bad way, and it is actually pretty cool. I have had some alerts, I think collision alerts, pop up in the HUD of my XC60, and those darn sure get my attention鈥 But I hear you in general鈥攖he safety features just work, and do their thing, in a non-invasive manner.

Heated seats and steering wheel work very well. And I do love the visibility in my XC60, including through the rear view mirror. When I drive my son鈥檚 Grand Cherokee, not sure if it is the rear view mirror or back window, but the rear visibility seems more constrained. Under-rated feature of the XC60 IMHO.

Registered
Great question - for me it's the fact that it can take anything I throw at it, whether it be icy mountain passes headed to the ski resorts or road trips to Palm Springs in the 114 degree desert. They feel like tanks and everything mentioned above is true in regards to comfort and styling.

My love for Volvo started when I was in high school, my first car was a 1998 Volvo S90 with 160,000 miles, failing paint, but a surprisingly fantastic stereo and a smooth, safe ride. That car's demise was Cash for Clunkers in 2009.

Fast forward 10 years, I leased a 2019 XC60 R-Design AWD (T5 w/Polestar) in Fusion Red Metallic. That was the last year of the brushed aluminum side mirrors. I loved that car so much and other than the occasional rattle, never gave me any problems. Now I'm in an early 2022 XC60 Inscription AWD (B5 w/Polestar) and while not as sporty as the R-Design, the Platinum Grey Metallic on the tan leather seats is an absolute stunner.

Yes, I had many issues with AAOS. The reverse collision avoidance activating with a feather floating in the air that made me feel like I hit something. The TCAM failed. The internet went out. My Volvo Cars app didn't work for a solid 6 months. I had to go to the dealer to have updates installed even though OTA was promised. But I also recognize this is the first generation of a new OS and there will be bugs - it really does get better. Finally everything is working properly.

I'm looking forward to my next XC60 in 2024/2025. The only thing I wish I did differently was splurge for the T8. Polestar definitely made the B5 more responsive, and it's plenty quick for the job, but I do wish I hadn't gone with the base engine. My husband has a 22' S60 T8 Recharge Black Edition and the ~35 miles we get with electric range is a game changer. We currently have 1,400 miles on the odometer and a quarter tank left of gas from the dealer when we took delivery.

Congratulations everyone in this thread for owning the sharpest and safest midsize SUV in a sea of beige and CVTs.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts