SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking of painting my hood top of car and rear bumper black tacky or bad assed ??

edit: not rear bumper the trunk lid is what i meant.

and i dont mean the whole hood but the middle raised part

Modified by deerok at 5:20 PM 5-23-2009

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: what do you guys think? (volvosince16)

True True lol who eva could hook up the photo shop can you look a brotha out ??
true bspray thats what i thought at first a black roof would look pretty cool then i saw the evolve car the s40 with the black hood and i liked it started thinking if it would fly with the ash gold

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
You definitely should!!! I really want to do that to my car. I think it would be perfect on your car if it was like the EVOLVE S40, but like brian said, you should start with the roof. It will obviously look good.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Do it! I can't wait to see pictures! I'm going to do it to my car this summer. You could also try vinyl if you are unsure of how it would look. Personally, I think it's going to be perfect. Are you going to do the trunk, hood and roof? It would probably cost almost $1000 to do all three... just so you don't get sticker shock.

Do it like the EVOLVE S40, and it will look perfect, i've admired that car for so long.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (cmurphy2266)

i going to take it to dude tuesday and see what i'm looking at....this is gonna be one expensive summer... custom exhaust http://********************/smile/emthup.gif 16t and tune plus this my wife gonna kill me ......AH WELL...

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Re: (deerok)

Quote, originally posted by deerok »
i going to take it to dude tuesday and see what i'm looking at....this is gonna be one expensive summer... custom exhaust http://********************/smile/emthup.gif 16t and tune plus this my wife gonna kill me ......AH WELL...

add an M56H to that list

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (cmurphy2266)

i wish i'm surprised this slushbox hasnt imploded on me yet she still shifting like a champ but i guess thats cause i only have 57 grand on it and i changed the fluids and did the b4 at 45 k last year... <knocking on wood>

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: what do you guys think? (ExBimmerBoy)

i'm noticing i would have to paint my trim gold .... to much black.... that probably just bumped the price to 1500 hundred now i'm asking myself is it worth it ?? lol

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Re: what do you guys think? (deerok)

Quote, originally posted by deerok »
i'm noticing i would have to paint my trim gold .... to much black.... that probably just bumped the price to 1500 hundred now i'm asking myself is it worth it ?? lol

Is anything that we do to our cars worth it? HELL NO. But does it put a smile on your face, HELL YEAH!

No, but honestly, I think you should keep the trim black, it wouldn't be too much black, especially when the black stops at the hood line. Black wheels too? YES!

·
Registered
262 Posts
A black bonnet is only permitted under two conditions:

1) the car is a black car, or
2) it is a carbon-fibre bonnet

As your car is gold, your only option is (2).

The try-hard painted black bonnet is very dodgy & sad.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Re: (SML)

Quote, originally posted by SML »
A black bonnet is only permitted under two conditions:

1) the car is a black car, or
2) it is a carbon-fibre bonnet

As your car is gold, your only option is (2).

The try-hard painted black bonnet is very dodgy & sad.

Carbon-Fiber looks terrible when it's not painted. I would never have bare CF on body parts on my car, it just looks ricey. Don't try and stop him from doing this!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (SML)

In my Head its a Race Car.... 500 whp 540 ft/lbs of torque
Carbon fiber hoods is very Ricer...I'm not gonna lie i had one on my stang but then i painted it over cause it looked ricer on that ..lol

i'm just trying to have fun with it by juggling new ideas ... i'm not tryin to rice my volvo out but these cars arent bentley's or rose royces either..lol

·
Registered
410 Posts
Re: what do you guys think? (deerok)

just my opinion but i don't think painting the mentioned areas would be worthwhile, i think the money you would end up putting into that could be used for a lot of other things, but just my 2 cents

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.