·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
need some opinions....thanks!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Meh, looks like Pegs but the idea of running some Ferrari wheels is kind of appealing to me. Not a bad price either.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah the price is definitely good.. and yes looks almost like pegs but that fact that they're not, i like it even more..just dont know what tire size i have to go with.....

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I think they are attractive wheels -
Drawbacks;
You will need spacers for the fronts
They are different widths - you have a FWD - doesn't make sense to me
You will need to refinish them - repair ($$$ ???)
They look a lot like Pegs (maybe not even as nice as pegs)
You can get new 18 Peg replicas for $200 a corner new - which will probably turn out to be cheaper than referbing the damaged wheels
Lots of other wheels in this price range to make your car stand out
I wouldn't do it personally
That is my logic and opinion for you

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think they are attractive wheels -
Drawbacks;
You will need spacers for the fronts
They are different widths - you have a FWD - doesn't make sense to me
You will need to refinish them - repair ($$$ ???)
They look a lot like Pegs (maybe not even as nice as pegs)
You can get new 18 Peg replicas for $200 a corner new - which will probably turn out to be cheaper than referbing the damaged wheels
Lots of other wheels in this price range to make your car stand out
I wouldn't do it personally
That is my logic and opinion for you
i get your point. he listed it at 600 (shipped) im local so obviously i got it cheaper than that as i can pick it up myself. yes, its staggered and im just in it for the looks. although i really wanted the pegs however the idea of being different than everybody else who's using pegs is probably worth a shot..i figured these are better quality than replica pegs. JMO

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Only cost me 150 to get my bent wheel fixed...if I had the money I would get those wheels
yes i got a quote for about 150 as well. as far as repainting goes, ill be doing it myself.=)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Let us know what you end up doing and post some pics if you mount them.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I just got a set of 19's refinished along with a few small bends fixed, all total was about $600. If you got them for $600 shipped and put another $600 in to them you'd have a pretty unique set of wheels for about $1200. Don't know the quality of the wheels but it doesn't sound that bad. The only thing about the wheels being staggered is that you won't be able to swap the tires around if you wear out the fronts, but the rears probably won't wear out for a long time so you'll probably only be buying two tires every once in a while. Just make a list of pros and cons and see which one outweighs the other..

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@chillidawg: i actually paid less than $600. =) (well, ill be picking it up tomorrow). i dont see my self spending $600 on them as i will be repainting the wheels my self. im sure the quality on these wheels are pretty good cuz kahn designs wheel for high end cars. yeah i guess the downside is that i cant rotate tires.=( but its not like im doing burnouts or anything crazy and this is just for summer anyways. just dont know what size tires to put at this point(specially in the rear). i might need to have a bit of stretch cuz my car is lowered and i really dont wanna roll fenders.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I don't know about you guys - but I would think you would want wider tires in the back too, (which again doesn't make sense to me on a FWD) in order to avoid the stretched look on the rear tire (which I personally hate) like shown below

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah im not a big fan of stretched look either. thats why i wanna get wider tires in the back but still able to clear the fenders.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
They look like knock-off pegs. For the money you can get MUCH more attractive wheels or Pegs. Nothing on these screams "ferrari" or any real unique looks. Just looks like generic wheels off Tirerack.

And wider tires in the rear makes no sense. I don't imagine the rear having any more clearance than the front with spacers. And I heard somewhere wider in the rear actually messes up your handling.

Also stretched tires are for ebay special Hondas. These probably need refinished/refurbed because they are curb rashed because they wanted to be like the Accord down the street.

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
ooohhh, you bought these?? I would have passed, there is a reason Henry sold them, he would have kept them if they were as good as the deal seemed. I'm sure they are fine and fixable but you could have done much better. Just a very odd wheel choice for this platform...

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
ooohhh, you bought these?? I would have passed, there is a reason Henry sold them, he would have kept them if they were as good as the deal seemed. I'm sure they are fine and fixable but you could have done much better. Just a very odd wheel choice for this platform...
I sold them because I have 3 other sets of wheels sitting in addition to another set of Ferrari 360 Modena Challenge wheels I recently bought :D

Stop scaring the guy already, I took good care of him in terms of price lol

Henry

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Ahhh your right, I got nothing but respect for you man, like I said I'm sure the wheels are fine. I shouldn't have mentioned you by name, I was just saying there are always reasons why people are selling things. Sometimes wheels are sold back and forth till somebody gets them that likes that fitment the best haha. These look too close to pegs for me and more fit for RWD platform but I didn't buy them so wha cares?

What color are you gonna paint them OP?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What color are you gonna paint them OP?
ill probably try gun metal or anthracite. Hmmm... And if i dont like my own work ill get it powder coated.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts