SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think of these R's fpr sale in Boston?

Hey,

First post here so please be gentle. I buddy of mine bought an '04 S60R about two years ago. I'm a car guy and am really impress with it. So much I've been thinking of getting one for about a year and have been lurking around the forums. I found two cars I like for sale at local dealers . I was wondering if anyone knows these cars (maybe someone on the forums?)and what you guys thought of the asking prices. Any info/opinions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

VWboost

http://www.cars.com/go/search/...=true

http://www.cars.com/go/search/...rue

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Re: What do you guys think of these R'? Boston (VWboost)

Quote, originally posted by VWboost »
Hey,

First post here so please be gentle. I buddy of mine got an '04 S60R about two years ago. I'm a car guy and am really impress with it. so much I'm thinking of getting one myself for the last year. I've been thinking of buying one for about a year and have been lurking around the forums. I found the following car for sale at a dealer . I was wondering if anyone knows this car and what you guys thought of the price

A link would be nice and maybe a list of what it has, plus model year.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: What do you guys think of these R'? Boston (PureDrive07)

Sorry...I accidentally hit post before finishing. I added links...let me know what you think. Thanks.

2006 S60R
Titanium on Atacama (awesome color combo)
Looks to have the 18" wheels and an exhaust.
Might have a set of lowering springs too (looks low in the dealer pics)
Not sure what options it has but looks to have the heated seats.
about 60k miles
Asking price is $17.8k

2004 V70R
Titanium on Gobi
looks stock. Has the integrated booster seat in the back
about 60k miles
Asking price is also $17.8k

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Re: What do you guys think of these R's fpr sale in Boston? (VWboost)

I was looking for a wagon for a while (not anyore). The wagon in your post is for sale at least for about a month already. If my memory serves me well, asking price was 22k or so back then.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: What do you guys think of these R's fpr sale in Boston? (Papa_Kirlo)

Descriptions added above. $22-$17.8 is a big drop....car industry must be in the dumper
I really like the wagon but the price is more than I think an 04 is worth. Thanks.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts

First link is Electric Silver; not Titanium. Definitely has an aftermarket exhaust, shift knob, and lowering springs (a bit too low in the back).

Descriptions added above. $22-$17.8 is a big drop....car industry must be in the dumper
I really like the wagon but the price is more than I think an 04 is worth. Thanks.

More like the VR was overpriced at $22K.....but a nice looking wagon nonetheless.

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Re: What do you guys think of these R's fpr sale in Boston? (MagoonR)

I say go for the Electric Silver SR, it looks yummy with that color combo, but the exhaust is not suppose to be hanging like that, its missing the rubber bushing that holds it to the bracket; you can tell from the close up!

·
Registered
3,515 Posts

I think the S60 R was Mark Warren's. He use to be a salesman at BVV.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts

I woudl go with the manual if you are going MY 2004

In 2004 the auto's had significant torque limiting in 1st & 2nd gears

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: What do you guys think of these R's fpr sale in Boston? (jstro)

They are both manuals. The listing for the S60R is incorrect...the pics show it is a manual.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts

As much as I like the wagon, I would personally go with the 2006. There were a lot of little changes between 04 and later, IIRC. Plus... Heico parts? Nice!

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

Consider mine, You will not find a nicer 05 6 speed anywhere!
Look for the ad in the classifieds here, on Autotrader.com or cars.com

·
Registered
3,481 Posts

I think the price for the wagon is excellent. I have an '04 manual wagon and love the car! The big difference in '04 was between the auto and the manual trans, and I think our 4C settings had a greater variation between the 3 settings than later models.

Edit: after closer inspection of the SR, it looks like he has a custom exhaust on that and there's no muffler immediately before the tailpipe exit. Also, those tips probably don't fit in the stock opening, and he needed to let them hang lower. The look like the classic Monza tips on the old Ferraris, and out of place on that car, IMO.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: What do you guys think of these R's fpr sale in Boston? (T5 for Life)

The wagon is much cooler and much more practical. LOL. If you buy it, I will swap you for the rear booster seats (assuming you don't need them!).

I would have to say E. Silver / Atacama isn't my favorite combo. That car def. has a modded exhaust and springs, wouldn't be surprised if it's got an ECU tune as well. And yes, those are 18's.

Kind of a toss up. I'm not a fan of the '04's in general, despite owning one!!

·
Registered
4,272 Posts

They are both manuals. The listing for the S60R is incorrect...the pics show it is a manual.

Correct you are, that car is a beauty. You should talk to JRL as well, he is a very knowledgeable and well respected (if somewhat grumpy) member of this forum and the car he has looks very nice as well

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Re: What do you guys think of these R's fpr sale in Boston? (Needsdecaf)

Quote, originally posted by Needsdecaf »
TThat car def. has a modded exhaust and springs, wouldn't be surprised if it's got an ECU tune as well. And yes, those are 18's.

Why is the exhaust hanging? or is it supposed to be like that?

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: What do you guys think of these R's fpr sale in Boston? (mpdbrown)

Quote, originally posted by mpdbrown »

Why is the exhaust hanging? or is it supposed to be like that?

Looks like it slipped off the hanger. Look in the dim part of this pic.

Oh yeah, forgot that there are aftermarket pedals as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: What do you guys think of these R's fpr sale in Boston? (baxteR)

Wow, the response has been great!...thanks for all.

BaxteR - I did some digging...I'm pretty sure it's Mark Warren's old car. Do you have any more info about the car or Mark? I searched "Mark Warren" on the forum...looks like he hasn't posted since late '07. His signature said he had some mods and 385 HP... I guess I'm looking for some reassurance that the car was not autocross every weekend for 3 years or beat to death or something.

JRL - Thanks. I can't view pics at work but I will take a look at what you have tonight. I'm really not a huge fan of the dark blue interior...especially with a black exterior! I hope Volvo fired that guy...

Thanks,

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

JRL - Thanks. I can't view pics at work but I will take a look at what you have tonight. I'm really not a huge fan of the dark blue interior...especially with a black exterior! I hope Volvo fired that guy...

I understand different tastes but after you look at the pictures and you think you may be interested, let me know.
It IS a really nice R. Never damaged, no dings or dents anywhere and really well cared for, plus the interior truly is amazing!

I can also get a CPO warranty on it for about $1475, which is almost two more years of essentially the factory bumper to bumper warranty up to 100K miles.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I like the 06 better. the center console on the 04 is awfull. the cup holder and console lid look alot better. plus i bought my 04 last year for 13,800 and it had 80 k miles. if your interested i have a stock exhaust on mine and mite be willing to trade springs. if you do decide on buying the sr. im located in ma also

1 - 20 of 23 Posts