SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one in particular.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Halo-BOOST-...Accessories&hash=item4845edcee6#ht_2200wt_891

Since I have a P2R, I'd be going with the blue setting. Just wanted to know if folks have been pleased with them. I think I'm going to leave my gorgeous but inaccurate ipd boost gauge for now, but will hold onto it if I get to fiddling and fixing it.

So yeah, any quality concerns I should be aware of? Difficulty of setup? Seems pretty straightforward on this one. The halo model is electronic but still has a needle [which I prefer for boost reading over digital display] so I don't have to worry about a kinked up boost line coming to the cab anymore. [IPD, if you read this, make an electronic R gauge. I'd sell you a kidney for one ;)]

Thinking about daisy-chaining this one with one of their AFR gauges too.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nothing??

Well, I have put a bid on one, and if it pans out, I'll let you guys know how it goes.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I was thinking about the prosport gauges too but can't find a suitable mounting pod for it. Do update how it goes.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will try to take some pics of what comes in the box. I haven't installed yet cause I'm in the process of doing a fitzy cluster pod and maybe a pillar pod as well, so I'm deciding what gauges I want and where. However, you do get a cup mount meant for installing into the dash. It's not a standalone one, but it would work if you don't mind chopping and bondo :D

A lot of this will also correspond to my fmic that will happen later and a trans cooler as well.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Look forward to see the pics.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
I like the halo, also slick when something 'blacks' out when off and fully visible when on! Keep us posted! My boost guage is pissing me off, going to go with AEM Turbo Control one if my TCV fails on me again...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts