SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking at a job in the city, I may have to forego the R due to parking costs etc. + Insurance savings...

Leather ~ Minor wear on the drivers seat but pass is great an rear is excellent except a small rip line on the center 8/10
Interior plastics ~ 9/10 Almost ZERO wear except one section on the bottom right caused by slight chaffing between panels (The panel by the gear shifter).
Glass ~ 9/10 Perfect, new windshield but headights are mildly pitted
Suspension ~ 8/10 Rear suspension is good but definitely will need a change in another 20k, front suspension has 10k on it all new everything (Control arms, top hats, struts, boots, end links, etc) but does creak/pop a bit.
Exterior ~ 9/10 A couple of small hail dings but rear, front bumper freshly sprayed an hood repainted as well.
Rims ~ 7/10 OEM 18's they are curbed but not awful, no bends + 10k atleast on Michelin PS3's + Might sell with 17's with fairly new blizzak WS70's.
Engine ~ 10/10 All maintenance done on par, Timing Belt just done at exactly 90,500 miles. OEM preventative mods only for the most part.

Interior goodies ~
Stereo Alpine S920HD + Back up camera HCE-157D
Sound Deadening Qmat - The stereo sounds world class, not to loud but very very clear an no rattles
Stock interior lighting except buttons which are Ice/crisp white to match the gauges. All other custom interior lighting will be sold.
Sport R non perf wheel W/ R airbag
Genuine Euro Glass mirrors
Custom alcantara shift + Ebrake boot W/ R stiching - May sell with the car upon Req.

Exterior goodies ~
Headlights, custom Pnp LED's + Genuine Osram Nightbreakers (These cost 200$ an they really do look an perform 10x better then any other pnp bulb)
Tails, Custom Phillips Reverse firing LED swap. Ask member who has seen this, they will tell you it's the most clean cut OEM looking setup bar none.
Fogs, Retrofitted XB LED Fogs, perfectly flush, super OEM an no codes.
DRL's Custom override build into the rear fog switch, again morimoto XB. The car will most likely come stock as these will be sold unless requested.
Tint, Lumar CTX40 + windshield done in Lumar Airblue 80. This is one the nicest OEM tints out an is FULL Ceramic.

Performance and reliability ~
Stainless steel Bk lines all 4 corners
Titanium shims F
Oem Pads
Centric Rotors
UR Front lower Brace
IPD DEM Cover
IPD Silicon turbo couplers
04 Aluminum OTE Pipe swap/Blue silicon (Extremely oem looking)
K&N
IPD cat-back
Phuz HF Catted Dp + Oem Dp
Custom Turbo Inlet pipe
Forge CBV
Full size 18 spare + Matching Michelin PS3
RS Oil cooler, depending if they want it. Might sell before.

Maintenance
Oil Changed every 5k, Castrol euro formula (weight depending on weather)
Timing Belt done + Waterpump + Exhaust manifold & All other gaskets + washers (All Oem) by MB automotive @ 90,500
NGK Plugs (Gaped to spec) + Bosch Coil packs - @85,000
Front Suspension (All Oem) by MB automotive @ 81,000

Records ~
2006 S60R GT
Current Mileage: 91,XXX
3rd owner - No accident history
Purchased at 55,000k
No Codes, runs flawless and no electronic issues.

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
What's the current mileage?

·
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
91,000, just edited it in.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'd probably ask around 10k. If you still have the stock exhaust components is probably worth more to pull the aftermarket parts and sell them separately.

·
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd probably ask around 10k. If you still have the stock exhaust components is probably worth more to pull the aftermarket parts and sell them separately.
Yea, I'm just going to sell it with the CB since I threw the stock one out. I probably revert alot of stuff to stock except for pita stuff like the turbo inlet pipe, hoses an CBV.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
+1 and will probably have to settle for 8 to 9, but you will not find a car with the quality, add-ons, ride, or fun for the price you will get for your R.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Dude, don't sell it! Your R is one of the cleanest ones on the board.

Buy a cheap S70/C70/850 T5 with the 2.3 in that bitch for like $3,000 and daily drive the **** out of that. Drive it till the wheels fall off. Hell you don't even need full coverage insurance for a $2,000 beater. Then just use the R for weekend fun, track duty. You can easily put 500,000 mi on one of the older Volvo T5's with basic upkeep.

PS, USPS picked that package up for you earlier on today. You should see it in a few days.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Or if you can put up with driving a tin can **** box, you can't beat a Honda Civic HX coupe or a VX Hatch. The VX will give you like 59 MPG on the freeway with the lean burn motor and wideband O2 sensor and will take all kinds of terrible roads with 13/14" cast wheels made by Enkie. I can't think of a cheaper car to put miles on than this gen of Hondas.

Tires, suspension, oil changes, it's all so cheap for this gen Honda.

My 93 Civic CX Hatch with the plain Jane D16Z6 single cam from a EX with 127 hp, averaged 42-44 mpg all day every day mixed freeway/city. 35,000 mi a year like that.

·
Registered
738 Posts
If you flat out own an R I dont think there many situations where it is worth it anymore to sell the car. Gas isnt that much, insurance is cheap, and resale is utter **** based on how awesome our cars are. Sure, buy a beater/daily, lower the insurance, use it as a sunday/project car then.

After repairing my car and having it paid off I have put over 5k into it this year in repairs and maintenance, selling it would be utterly pointless since I could only sell for a max of 8k. Not saying everyone is in my type of situation but it still isnt really worth selling our caRs if we have them paid off.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Side note, if you decide to sell that RS oil cooler, PM me. But seriously, keep that beauty.

·
Registered
536 Posts
If you flat out own an R I dont think there many situations where it is worth it anymore to sell the car. Gas isnt that much, insurance is cheap, and resale is utter **** based on how awesome our cars are. Sure, buy a beater/daily, lower the insurance, use it as a sunday/project car then.

After repairing my car and having it paid off I have put over 5k into it this year in repairs and maintenance, selling it would be utterly pointless since I could only sell for a max of 8k. Not saying everyone is in my type of situation but it still isnt really worth selling our caRs if we have them paid off.
Totally agree!

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
I agree with everyone else. I'd stash the R somewhere and get a beater P80 XC/T5. The plastic trim really hides bumps and the small wheels+big tires=less curb rash.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I believe the implication was they he would go car-less in the city, so buying a beater may not be an option. Either keep current car or no car seems to be the thought.

But sure, keep it if you can... I am not sure how feasible it would be to keep the R and store it somewhere without insurance.

·
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I believe the implication was they he would go car-less in the city, so buying a beater may not be an option. Either keep current car or no car seems to be the thought.

But sure, keep it if you can... I am not sure how feasible it would be to keep the R and store it somewhere without insurance.
That's exactly my predicament. It's not getting another car that's an issue, atleast not till this march...

·
Registered
738 Posts
Easy solution then if shes paid off. Cancel insurance, store at a garage with a cover on till march. If you find you don't need her or will not be driving her at all then thats when you should sell, but only as a last resort.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Sorry to go totally of topic here, but how do you like the tint on the windshield? I have been wanting to tint mine ever since I found out about the 3M crystalline clear tint that works on windsheilds.

I have the rest of my V70 R tinted to legal in Utah (35 on the driver and pass. side, 5 percent on the rest including the sunroof) but one of the few drawbacks of having the wagon is all that glass means the car gets hot parked in the sun in these Utah summers.

If I let my 6 year old ride in the 3rd row, she gets super hot and sweats the whole time even with the AC on full blast, it just doesn't get back there.

So I want to tint my windsheild as well.

Do they give you hassle about the tinted windsheild when you get the car safety/emissions inspected?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts