SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 2007 s60 R 38,000 miles. 6 speed MT, 18 in wheels, the upgraded sound system, heated seats, sport package, and Nordkapp leather. Cars in great shape.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Post a picture. How good of service records do you have for it?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I have all the service records (I took great care of it). I forgot to mention that it was Volvo Certified Pre Owned and has an extended warranty until the summer of 2013.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I have mine listed for $23,500 of course it has way more mods than yours and less miles so I think $16-18 depending on condition.
I wouldn't count on mods adding value to your car....

OP I think 18k is a good number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Times have changed for these cars. In November 2010 the car I bought was just like yours (color, MT,with 35000 miles) except for the interior color and had an asking price of $26,900 with CPO warranty. I did not pay that, but that was the market at that time. I had looked all around the country and that $ looked in the park at that time.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Yeah realistically I would say between $16k-$17k unfortunately. That being said I would put it up (autotrader, cars.com etc) for around $20k and see if some idiot bites. It seems that selling a car on Swedespeed (or any enthusiast forum) is particularly tough because people know the in's and out's of the car (exactly what it "should" be worth) and always seem to want to nickle and dime you. I would think you might be better off using another site but its always worth a try to throw up an ad here on SS.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I have mine listed for $23,500 of course it has way more mods than yours and less miles so I think $16-18 depending on condition.
Lol you have 8k less than him and if you think mods add to the value of your car you are crazy.

·
Registered
8,730 Posts
any enthusiast forum is the WORST place to buy or price a car....and the 23.5k price is LOL

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I purchased my car in 2010 and it was listed at $27,000 at a dealership. I offered and bought it for $22,000. I am looking to get a Toyota Tacoma or Nissan Frontier 2008-2010 for about $20,000. I have $3,000 saved up so I would ideally like to sell the car for around $17,000-$18,000.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I'd say it's probably worth around 18,500$ I paid 17,400 after tax for mine that was two years older, and 10,000 more miles, without sport kit, and a couple scuffs on the body.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Speaking from the retailer standpoint, R's right now in any market are a hard sell unless you've got someone that's really hot for it. Going by the marketing data, there's about 39 2006 R's being listed online for sale, with an average asking price of $15,668, and a 75 day market day supply. The scary thing is that wholesale value on the car is right now higher than market average asking price. Looking at recent sales, most of the ones that have sold have been in the 14-17 range, though you do have the one odd one up in Portland, OR that sold for around 20. If you price it at 18k, that's going to put you in the highest 10% of prices in the country for that car.

If you're going to try to maximize value, especially in a market like an Autotrader or Cars.com, take lots of photos (30+), make a killer description with the main features at the beginning, and shoot some video to throw up on youtube and other video sharing sites. That's the best way to go.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Yeah realistically I would say between $16k-$17k unfortunately. That being said I would put it up (autotrader, cars.com etc) for around $20k and see if some idiot bites. It seems that selling a car on Swedespeed (or any enthusiast forum) is particularly tough because people know the in's and out's of the car (exactly what it "should" be worth) and always seem to want to nickle and dime you. I would think you might be better off using another site but its always worth a try to throw up an ad here on SS.
selling cars on an enthusiest site will be hard unless its something rare and sought after. alot has to do with timing too.

Speaking from the retailer standpoint, R's right now in any market are a hard sell unless you've got someone that's really hot for it. Going by the marketing data, there's about 39 2006 R's being listed online for sale, with an average asking price of $15,668, and a 75 day market day supply. The scary thing is that wholesale value on the car is right now higher than market average asking price. Looking at recent sales, most of the ones that have sold have been in the 14-17 range, though you do have the one odd one up in Portland, OR that sold for around 20. If you price it at 18k, that's going to put you in the highest 10% of prices in the country for that car.

If you're going to try to maximize value, especially in a market like an Autotrader or Cars.com, take lots of photos (30+), make a killer description with the main features at the beginning, and shoot some video to throw up on youtube and other video sharing sites. That's the best way to go.
Thats an awesome post with lots of great data! +1 to you! I think the s60r market is saturated yet the is still a decent demand for v70r's

I sold my 03 xc90 t6 on craigslist for full asking price with no mileage posted only pics and some repairs listed. it sold in less than 5 days too. so if i can sell my xc90 you can sell your R, just will take some time. those days of a car posted and sold in 6 hours are few and far between. if you price it cheap it will sell faster, high price may take a little longer but will get you serious buyers. good luck

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Lol you have 8k less than him and if you think mods add to the value of your car you are crazy.
really, ur mom told me my huge dp added like $3K to the value of the car, oh wait maybe it was ur dad....it was so dark in my room it was hard to tell which was which.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts