SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: What do you all think of this R? (el director)

Quote, originally posted by el director »
My thoughts are the mileage + something is wrong with it = the price.

Mileage alone would be enough to justify the price......assuming everything else checks out okay.

·
Registered
50 Posts

I saw this one as well. The mileage is a plus, no navigation is a drag. I'm not seeing the area of concern on the passenger side ("paint work). I'd run a CarFax report on it first to see if anything comes up.

·
Registered
Jaguar XFR
3,270 Posts
Re: (el director)

Quote, originally posted by el director »
What should I look for if I check it out?

I've heard the AWD transmissions are sometimes a pain ...

I think I could talk the asking price down more.

Angle gear leaks, transmission, check out to see if the exhaust bracket is still on, if it is, check for damage around the area. Also, whats that red think in the engine bay?

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Re: (o2k)

High mileage, lots of wear on various parts such as expensive shocks/struts. Seems like for a few more K you should be able to find one with much lower mileage? At least it's a GT so it probably has not been beat on!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Re: What do you all think of this R? (dbdent 04 v70r)

Quote, originally posted by dbdent 04 v70r »
I saw this one as well. The mileage is a plus, no navigation is a drag. I'm not seeing the area of concern on the passenger side ("paint work). I'd run a CarFax report on it first to see if anything comes up.

What's the big attraction to nav? There are plenty of aftermarket units that are just fine. The good thing about the mileage - if maintained - is that the bugs are probably all worked out.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

I can buy them for that price with 1/2 the miles (70K)!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: What do you all think of this R? (dbdent 04 v70r)

Thanks for all the info, looks like I should stay away from 04 gt's then. Its hard to compare any used Volvo to my 850 which is 9 years older than this one, but has 45,000 less miles.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Re: (xman03)

Quote, originally posted by xman03 »
High mileage, lots of wear on various parts such as expensive shocks/struts. Seems like for a few more K you should be able to find one with much lower mileage? At least it's a GT so it probably has not been beat on!

Okay guys what is the difference between a GT and a non GT?

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: (CM2RAS)

Quote, originally posted by CM2RAS »

non GT has a clutch pedal

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Re: (CM2RAS)

Quote, originally posted by CM2RAS »

GT stands for "Geartronic", which is the automatic transmission in this particular R. So, essentially, AT is synonymous with GT in this case. MT is (obviously) manual transmission.

Cheers!!

-Steve

:EDIT: .....what Magoon said.....

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.