SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

What did you do with your XC90 today?

320K views 3K replies 225 participants last post by  lasagna-glass 
#1 ·
Similar to other forums on swedespeed, this is a general post thread for your latest adventures, general discussion, and random photos of your XC90. Saves us from having to create new threads for random thoughts and discussion.

See less See more
#2 ·
Part of the Volvo dual exhaust arrived today. The 9ft box (114 inches) is supposed to arrive at the office tomorrow. Hopefully I can fit all the various parts into the back of the XC90. Lots of small parts are also supposed to be in the box. :)

Reactions: Manntis
#3 ·
That's a great pic of a good looking XC90! Love the red/black theme. Looking forward to this thread…and seeing that thing with dual exhausts.

#5 · (Edited)
She who must be obeyed took the very dirty XC90 to the rink with the little princess. She then took the princess on some errands. I think she picked up groceries, maybe a treat for the dog. She then parked the XC90 in the garage. I think in about two weeks she will treat it to an oil change at the dealer, which comes with a car wash. We change the oil in the XC90 and Astra every 5k miles, the difference being I use synthetic in the 57k mile Astra and do it myself. She brings the 124k mile XC90 to the dealer for semi synthetic (like a little bit pregnant) with a coupon. Not sure how often I will change it on the S80 which has 62k miles.

I on the other hand drove the S80 52 miles to the office yesterday, and on the way back took it to a touchless car wash. When I got home I took the dirty Astra out of the garage and put the S80 in the garage between her dirty XC90 and my Z3-M that is hibernating for the winter.

Today I took the dirty Astra to work and during lunch treated it to a touchless car wash. I did that because the headlights were dirty and I wanted all the illumination I could get for the 80mph drive home on I-25.

Tomorrow we will take the clean S80 to dinner where we will dine with another family. Then we may take the S80 to downtown to see the 9:00 fireworks display. Then hopefully get home before 10:00 to watch the ball drop in times square. Then to bed.

Then I will have to make a decision - take the little princess in she who must be obeyed's dirty XC90 for a day trip skiing, or take one of my clean cars? Dilemma!

#6 ·
haha - sounds like a good day no matter what Tom! :)

#9 ·
Ordered a new large style silk metal grille emblem, filled with premium, and full interior, exterior wash, wax and wheel cleaning. Replaced drivers seat side panel and gas cap leash. Enjoying the 75-80F weather here in the southeast. Taking our family of 6 in the moose downtown for a nice dinner.
Thanks to all on the forum, and Happy and safe New years tonight!

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

#11 ·
#10 ·
Fixed the short in my tailgate light bar, figured out where the mounts will position for my front light bar, cleaned it out after the Christmas trip. Looked at the outside and thought, it needs a wash...again. Just washed it two days ago!

#12 ·
The rest of the dual exhaust system arrived today in a very long box! I want to pickup two new bolts for the connection at the downpipe. After 7 years I fear its going to be be difficult to remove them.

#14 ·
thanks! With a little massaging, I wonder if this can be integrated with the '07-'09 silk metal grilles.

I prefer the silk metal to the chrome of the late model grilles

Reactions: Pac-Man
#17 ·
Spent 10 hours today putting my light bar on. Had to cut parts of the bumper away to make it fit, but you can only see it from under the car. I'm going to work on a write-up and post it here both as its own thread and add it to the stickied how-to thread. Most of my time was planning and searching. Couldn't find a hole to run the wires into the cabin for a half an hour! Took plenty of pictures!

#19 ·
I used your thread as a guide, but my wires are thicker and I didn't want the wind noise. I ended up threading the wires between the inner and outer boot around the steering column. Neither moves, and the seal around the wires was perfect. My harness also has an inline fuse, so I didn't touch the fuse box.

#20 ·
Oh I have an in line fuse, but I used an add a fuse thing to draw power from the windshield wipers for the relay, so that the lights would turn off with the ignition. My plan was to route them eventually through the sidewall but I have them tucked so far in the fender I don't think it's an issue. Definitely make a how to through I'm curious how you did yours.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

#21 ·
I saw that, I thought maybe it was because yours didn't have the in line. The switch I bought tells me if it is on or off, and the light itself is bright enough to remind me in broad daylight! Not that I plan on using it then. I think I bought my bar from the same company you did, they look very similar!

#22 ·
Probably the same ones. I have a fuse on the live wires off the battery, as well as the power wire that powers the relay, just in case. I triple tinted mine yellow, it cuts down a lot of the light but I can use it in traffic without completely blinding people and its still bright enough to illuminate pretty far down the road. It's especially helpful on the sides of the highways because we have a lot of deer now. They've become a big issue around here because of the hunting resistance.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

#23 ·
I have mine purposefully aimed up because I used it to replace my brights. The Xenon bulbs make a good low beam, but the high beams suck. And if I aim them up more, I get brighted. And we have bison (2000-2500 pound wild cow) around here, along with every other type of large animal. It's especially helpful on that point!

#26 ·
Ran the iPod cable up and into the center console arm rest. Also put some felt material on the inside walls to keep things from rattling against the plastic.

#28 ·
He means the other parts, which would have cost more to ship separately, were able to fit in the same 9.5 foot long box as the main piece.

#32 ·
What was the picture? He was banned?

#35 ·
hah no! I'm still here :]

I hope the picture is showing up for all - I had just finished pulling the dreaded 4T65EV/GT transmission from my '05 T6, 185k miles before failure. Starting the rebuild process on it.

#34 ·
Not today per se, but haven't gotten around to posting these, or taking better pics for that matter, but installed Hella 500FF aux lights with the Volvo aux light kit a few days before Christmas. Plasti dipped the white covers for a little more stealth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk