SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

21 - 40 of 2211 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I saw that, I thought maybe it was because yours didn't have the in line. The switch I bought tells me if it is on or off, and the light itself is bright enough to remind me in broad daylight! Not that I plan on using it then. I think I bought my bar from the same company you did, they look very similar!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Probably the same ones. I have a fuse on the live wires off the battery, as well as the power wire that powers the relay, just in case. I triple tinted mine yellow, it cuts down a lot of the light but I can use it in traffic without completely blinding people and its still bright enough to illuminate pretty far down the road. It's especially helpful on the sides of the highways because we have a lot of deer now. They've become a big issue around here because of the hunting resistance.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I have mine purposefully aimed up because I used it to replace my brights. The Xenon bulbs make a good low beam, but the high beams suck. And if I aim them up more, I get brighted. And we have bison (2000-2500 pound wild cow) around here, along with every other type of large animal. It's especially helpful on that point!

·
Registered
804 Posts
The rest of the dual exhaust system arrived today in a very long box! I want to pickup two new bolts for the connection at the downpipe. After 7 years I fear its going to be be difficult to remove them.
Which rear bumper panel are you planning on using? Did that come with the kit?

What is your plan for the spare tire?

Where did you get the kit? How much?

·
Administrator
55,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Which rear bumper panel are you planning on using? Did that come with the kit?
What is your plan for the spare tire?
Where did you get the kit? How much?
Full Sport Exhaust Kit for Petrol V8 Models: 30756337 ($950)
Installation Kit for Cars wiith Aftermarket Hitch: 30635847 ($50)
Gasket (Between new exhaust system and converters): 8672278 ($3)
Nuts (To attach the new exhaust system to the converters): 985921 ($3)

The tricky part is shipping - the main exhaust is ONE piece and is about 9.5ft long! if sent via freight truck you are looking at about $400 (depending on where its coming from to your location). I was able to get shipping for less than 1/2 that price with the parts repackaged in a box. The passenger side muffler came in a separate box.

I plan to add a hitch. not sure what I am going to do about a spare just yet. The kit came with the new lower silver trim panel.

Got it all in:

·
Administrator
55,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Ran the iPod cable up and into the center console arm rest. Also put some felt material on the inside walls to keep things from rattling against the plastic.

·
Registered
804 Posts
The tricky part is shipping - the main exhaust is ONE piece and is about 9.5ft long! if sent via freight truck you are looking at about $400 (depending on where its coming from to your location). I was able to get shipping for less than 1/2 that price with the parts repackaged in a box. The passenger side muffler came in a separate box.
How did repackaging in a box reduce the cost? Doesn't the piece still measure 9.5ft? What shipper did you use?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
He means the other parts, which would have cost more to ship separately, were able to fit in the same 9.5 foot long box as the main piece.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Full Sport Exhaust Kit for Petrol V8 Models: 30756337 ($950)
Installation Kit for Cars wiith Aftermarket Hitch: 30635847 ($50)
Gasket (Between new exhaust system and converters): 8672278 ($3)
Nuts (To attach the new exhaust system to the converters): 985921 ($3)

I plan to add a hitch. not sure what I am going to do about a spare just yet. The kit came with the new lower silver trim panel.
That is going to look sick ... an XC90 with quad tip exhaust. Please post after picture ...

·
Administrator
55,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
How did repackaging in a box reduce the cost? Doesn't the piece still measure 9.5ft? What shipper did you use?
Originally, the full exhaust system came on a pallet and a freight truck ($$) - by repackaging the main system in one long narrow box, they were able to use FEDEX - still freight but not on a pallet. They were able to fit in the rear cargo mat and some other small parts.

·
Registered
34 Posts
not today, but a couple of days ago I finished pulling this ol' thing out:

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
What was the picture? He was banned?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Not today per se, but haven't gotten around to posting these, or taking better pics for that matter, but installed Hella 500FF aux lights with the Volvo aux light kit a few days before Christmas. Plasti dipped the white covers for a little more stealth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
What was the picture? He was banned?
hah no! I'm still here :]

I hope the picture is showing up for all - I had just finished pulling the dreaded 4T65EV/GT transmission from my '05 T6, 185k miles before failure. Starting the rebuild process on it.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Oh got it! The picture didn't appear for me, so your signature actually looked like an admin had deleted part of your post. Why did you pull it? Typical T6 issues?

·
Registered
34 Posts
here's a direct link: http://i.imgur.com/2XHN79x.jpg

And yeah, complete failure. I started noticing a little slipping between shifts, and then it escalated pretty quickly. Couple of days later it died on me on my way home from work on a Friday evening (5.5 mile trip). Not engaging in any gear, complete loss of power to the wheels. I've got it mounted on a table now for disassembly, just waiting on a couple of final tools to arrive (who ever knew that I'd need an automatic transmission clutch spring compressor tool!?) and organizing & labeling all the parts from Triple Edge in the meantime and doing all the homework I can on the thing.

When my SVX's transmission died (damn those '92s) it gave a lot more warning than this thing did. And it was an easy swap (minus fighting one of the retaining rings on a rear axle). This one took a few days to drop out - there's no shortage of things in the way.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Did a Full detail & engine cleaning, even took the seats out....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
55,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Looks good! I need to find a wrecked 2014 for that all black interior. I like the '14 R-Design door panels and seat covers.

How is pulling the second row seats? My center seat cable is stretched and I need to use a wrench on the bar under the seat to release the seat so it folds flat. Need to figure out how to fix that.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Thanks! Removing the seats was quite simple, plain old logic is all you need.

You'll be amazed by the things that lie under them!

There are ten plastic pieces over the 12 bolts that you have to remove. The front covers have a little lip you can push and slide the cover out, those come out easily. The rear ones need to be pulled from the floor, but you need to be careful as you can cut yourself with the seat rails. There are 6 of these and they are all the same. Don't undo anything that isn't below them.

After you remove all the covers you just need to undo the 12 "13mm" (IIRC) bolts.

Each seat is held by 4 bolts and the middle seat has a harness and a plug for the seatbelt tensioner that you have to disconnect before you take that seat out. Get someone to help you taking out the middle seat as it is VERY heavy.

Remember to take your time and be really careful, as the seat rails can cause a lot of damage to the interior, especially to the door panels. Also don't forget to tighten all the bolts again and reconnecting the orange harness.
And that would be it!
Ask if you have any doubt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 2211 Posts