SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

2401 - 2420 of 2423 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Didn't want to create another thread...anybody here on 20" wheels? Is this a dumb idea? How's the ride quality? I'm on 19" Vulcanis but thought about putting winters on them and upsizing to 20" for summer. Thanks!

·
Registered
2009 XC90 V8
316 Posts

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
It's pretty nifty. They seem to have a basic web site, if you do a shortened link https://personalizeyourvolvo.com/PDF_Brochures/, you can enter another model year and a corresponding brochure set will pop up. It's where I found the brochures for my Sport and Ocean Race.

(courtesy of Bernie Valentinetti at Kundert Volvo Cars, to give credit where credit is due)

Reactions: BKXC90

·
Registered
2009 XC90 V8
316 Posts
Finally did the transmission fluid flush after sitting on it for a month or two. Went smoothly, and it is a noticeable difference when driving. Just in time to roll over to 89K miles.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welp. Got a fun issue. Got the “brake failure stop safely” and “anti skid service required” messages. Trip computer won’t go and the odometer won’t change mileage. Car dives fine otherwise. Reading it’s possibly a sensor in the DEM. Is that pretty spot on? If so does anyone have a part number for the sensor? Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
replaced the worn out rotors and pads but before that got a hard time taking out the lug bolts.. last person to touch the wheels love his impact very much, and a pretzel on my brake hose!

checked my cabin filter. and if you want to see a 243k mile cabin filter survive..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Those look really good! Is there a huge difference between the seats? MY C70 seats felt the exact same way as these do.

Dropped the car off at an independent shop for diagnosis. Apparently the ABS module failed, which also fried some part of the CEM. Need to get both replaced. Nice way to spend 3800$

·
Registered
2009 XC90 V8
316 Posts
Big difference for me! It’s all tiered. Once you have Volvo seats, everything else feels awful. Once I had those seats in my V70, all other Volvo seats felt weak. I’m glad it was easy.

Bummer about your ABS module.... ouch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Changed the thermostat (open) and my leaking coolant tank. It can be done without removing the intake manifold for a 3.2 but it's really tight. I feel like a surgeon with that work on a small hole.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Had to remove the 2nd row middle seatbelt anchor by removing a cover first (2x T25).
The anchor itself is a T50 bolt.

Reason being the top plastic button on the seatbelt preventing the seatbelt retracting worn away, so when I folded the seat down the seatbelt got retracted all the way in and locked up. To the point that I was unable to return the seat to it's upright position.

If you have a plastic button missing make sure you clip the seatbelt in before you fold it down...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am driving more and more my very high miles xc90 (243k+) to sort thing out. Got the leaky coolant tank replaced and confident to drive longer. I'm noticing a clunk when accelerating and on bumps and can't pinpoint it to issues with the suspension. I can usually replicate the issue by turning and accelerating and while on straight road coasting at highway or city speed it's just normal. I checked the upper mount (torque rod) and I need a new one.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
On my 3,2, I replaced the:
Serpentine belt
idler pulley
Belt tensioner
Decoupler pulley on the drive side (There's one on the alternator, too)
Seals and check valve in the vacuum pump
Steering fluid
Seems like a short parts list for all the work involved. If you like puzzles; you'll love this job.
At 103k, the decoupler was seized, and the tensioner pulley bearing was starting to feel "light", where the idler pulley bearing still had a nice feel to it, with appropriate grease and seal drag. The belt isn't bad.
Anyone going after that decoupler, be sure and get the right tool. Many kits have the triple square 10mm wrench bit, but my '09 3.2 has a T-50 in there. The only place I could get a long bit T-50 on Planet San Diego turned out to be Harbor Freight Home Depot has that bit to order for under $7, and the splined counter hold can be ordered at common auto parts stores for $10. Of all the decoupler tools I could find listed, none tell the size and type of bit.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Big difference for me! It’s all tiered. Once you have Volvo seats, everything else feels awful. Once I had those seats in my V70, all other Volvo seats felt weak. I’m glad it was easy.

Bummer about your ABS module.... ouch.
I was hoping the new CEM would make my second key unlock the car but no dice there!

I pulled some taillights off of a PFL to try and figure out the wiring. Going to do the LED strips in the reflectors, but wire it inline using factory connectors instead of splicing.

·
Registered
2009 XC90 V8
316 Posts
I was hoping the new CEM would make my second key unlock the car but no dice there!

I pulled some taillights off of a PFL to try and figure out the wiring. Going to do the LED strips in the reflectors, but wire it inline using factory connectors instead of splicing.
Definitely interested in seeing progress & information on that. Been meaning to do that for a while now.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Gonna take a bit! Moving my whole office into another room in the house but that should clear up some "project" space in the other room. I just have to finish painting, which seems to be never ending.

2401 - 2420 of 2423 Posts