SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1241 - 1251 of 1251 Posts

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,241 · (Edited)

I know I know NOT ENGINEERED but fresh badge imho. My badge is blue and I find it a bit dated after all these years…but that’s just me;—->

And this 2016 badge lay-out is also a bit cooler I think:

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hmm. I went with the badge on the left side to match R designs and other T6 models with the Polestar tune. IMHO it looks more natural on the left to me based on the angle of the badge.

I will agree that last T6 pic with badges on the right look pretty good as well!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
Looks like I'll have to eventually find myself a square one then!

But anyways! New modification done today. Was able to source a used rimless rear view mirror WITH a compass off eBay.

Now I have something I believe should have come standard! Only spent $56 vs spending close to $500 new. Got a great deal and easy installation, no VIDA required!

·
Registered
356 Posts

But anyways! New modification done today. Was able to source a used rimless rear view mirror WITH a compass off eBay.

Now I have something I believe should have come standard! Only spent $56 vs spending close to $500 new. Got a great deal and easy installation, no VIDA required!

Nice. Its these kind of details that stand out.

·
Registered
523 Posts

Where did you source it from? Ive been looking to do it on my V70 as well. Also the part number?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Where did you source it from? Ive been looking to do it on my V70 as well. Also the part number?
Volvo part number #31402730 is for the mirror with compass. This came off an 2015.5 S60 platinum donor car. I was fortunate to find it on eBay for that low price vs paying new for it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think the 2010 V70 is a different part though. I have it in my 2008 and it looks different with the lettering in green.

I can look up the PN later.
I think you might be right. I'm not sure when Volvo switched to the frameless design, I believe it was with MY2014+. Earlier P3s still used the framed design but honestly the connection point should be there still.

Definitely worth a double check to make sure it will fit.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Well we will see if the one @Need4Swede27 is selling ends up fitting. The pn 31402730 does say it will fit, and the only difference between the 31402730 and 31402729 is the lack of compass which I could care less about.

Need to look into this more.

1241 - 1251 of 1251 Posts