SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1181 - 1200 of 1223 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive side marker light

Full LED conversion up front with LED city lights, corner lights, head lights and fog lamps.
Also added an R-Design dead pedal, VPARTS.se sequential turn signals, and cracked the CEM with VDASH to modify the light controls.

Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Grille Automotive lighting

Any other VDASH mods people have done? Doesnt seem like a lot of options for these compared to my old P3 S60.

Reactions: bhill

·
Registered
`12 XC70, metallic silver/beige int, premire plus, maybe polestar.
34 Posts
Lookon
View attachment 154781

Full LED conversion up front with LED city lights, corner lights, head lights and fog lamps.
Also added an R-Design dead pedal, VPARTS.se sequential turn signals, and cracked the CEM with VDASH to modify the light controls.

View attachment 154782

Any other VDASH mods people have done? Doesnt seem like a lot of options for these compared to my old P3 S60.
Lookin great. Did the turn signals fit OK? They have a few sellers on Amazon, fleabay, etc. Did you do turnsignals? And issues on hyperflash?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Lookon
Lookin great. Did the turn signals fit OK? They have a few sellers on Amazon, fleabay, etc. Did you do turnsignals? And issues on hyperflash?
The turn signals fit perfect, the mold is identical to the stock ones just with different guts essentially. No issues with hyperflash or any light out warnings with any of the LED mods I did. I have NOT changed the turn signals in the headlights or tail lamps, just the marker lamps, head lamps, city lights, fogs.

Also changed these as well, all thats left to convert is the interior lights. Did a lot of these mods on my S60 back in the day too.

LED vs Stock
Font Vehicle registration plate Automotive exterior Gas Technology

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,188 ·
The turn signals fit perfect, the mold is identical to the stock ones just with different guts essentially. No issues with hyperflash or any light out warnings with any of the LED mods I did. I have NOT changed the turn signals in the headlights or tail lamps, just the marker lamps, head lamps, city lights, fogs.

Also changed these as well, all thats left to convert is the interior lights. Did a lot of these mods on my S60 back in the day too.

LED vs Stock
View attachment 155038
Guess the mirror
leds and the headlight blinkers do not blink
in phase anymore?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
34 Posts
Guess the mirror
in phase anymore?

Guess the mirror
in phase anymore?

Finally got around to ordering sequential signals for the mirrors, but they didn't fit. Sending back for the correct ones, and the led puddle lights. To many 'bro trucks' have full hyper white lights on every. single. light. Would be nice if they had a warmer tone led.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Finally got around to ordering sequential signals for the mirrors, but they didn't fit. Sending back for the correct ones, and the led puddle lights. To many 'bro trucks' have full hyper white lights on every. single. light. Would be nice if they had a warmer tone led.
The XCs use the same corner marker as the XC90 P2, I actually have a set of the sequentials for it if you are interested.

Guess the mirror
in phase anymore?
Binks at the same rate.
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Land vehicle

·
Registered
34 Posts
Cleaned the plastic trim. Was a good bit of over polish/wax/cleaner on the tops of the wheel arches, and just random dull spots. Used some simple green, and a tooth brush. Diluted it, scrub for 10/15 sec, let it sit for bout the same time, then wiped off with a damp towel. Came out really well. Took out that dull white/Grey. Need to recoat with something. Had meguiar's natural protectant lying around. Hit 2 inconspicuous spots. We will see. Tempted to use that cerekoat wipe. Although it's not for giving if you mess up.
Also cleaned up the exhaust tips. Crazy dirty. Used the dremel and a still wheel attachment. Came out much nicer that I thought. The tips are still woefully undersized. Our boy CrossingCountries did it properly.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Rectangle Water Font Circle Pattern

PO did tell me that he got a phantom CEL before for an 02 sensor / Cat code and it went away. Looks like it wanted to pop back up again. Ordered a new sensor and socket, cleared it so lets hope for the best. Im tempted to say the Sheetz gas I got is throwing this as I have done over 1000 miles since buying it without the code coming back on which if it was a bad cat. converter it definitely would have come back on sooner.

Update: cleared it, filled up the rest of the tank with Exxon premium (had mid grade Sheetz in it), drove it till the emissions cycled completed and now the codes are completely gone....

Also ordered a new PCV since mine seems original and I cant find any paperwork stating its been done.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,194 ·
Cleaned the plastic trim. Was a good bit of over polish/wax/cleaner on the tops of the wheel arches, and just random dull spots. Used some simple green, and a tooth brush. Diluted it, scrub for 10/15 sec, let it sit for bout the same time, then wiped off with a damp towel. Came out really well. Took out that dull white/Grey. Need to recoat with something. Had meguiar's natural protectant lying around. Hit 2 inconspicuous spots. We will see. Tempted to use that cerekoat wipe. Although it's not for giving if you mess up.
Also cleaned up the exhaust tips. Crazy dirty. Used the dremel and a still wheel attachment. Came out much nicer that I thought. The tips are still woefully undersized. Our boy CrossingCountries did it properly.

Me in my even bigger “exhaust” tips…

·
Registered
34 Posts
Talk about a great pic! I guess technically the intake, but I'll allow it! I see we both get high at work. Although, I just climb telephone poles.. Your name makes alot more sence now. What plane and What watch?

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,196 ·
Talk about a great pic! I guess technically the intake, but I'll allow it! I see we both get high at work. Although, I just climb telephone poles.. Your name makes alot more sence now. What plane and What watch?
lol: Airbus321 and the watch is a broken €100 G-SHOCK. However the guitar is a Martin D18.

Yes CrossingCountries…

·
Registered
477 Posts
Well the P430 code came back, ended up replacing the PCV as a precaution since mine still had its 2009 date code on it.
Also tried to install a new downstream bank 2 sensor but couldn't bust it free due to the socket I bought not having the room to remove it. Gonna have to go down to the local German car shop to have the help me 😞

·
Registered
477 Posts
Installed the new O2 sensor, looks like I am still getting high-low readings from the sensor so unfortuantely I believe the cat is bad on bank 2...
Ordered an O2 spacer with a built in mini-cat so we shall see how that goes. Code is staying off for now but who knows...

1181 - 1200 of 1223 Posts