SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1161 - 1180 of 1196 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Getting new rubber put on today!! No pics but wanted to share a quick update.
Continental cross contact LX25 AS tires, have them on the wife's car and they're awesome.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Looks like a great choice. Found this comparison test.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We are the only ones that dont have a topic like this on Swedespeed.
Keep those updates and pictures coming please. Dump it here. I know the P3 owners are slowly fading-out but please dont give up.

Keep that 70-P3 alive and show the world that you still own the coolest VOLVO on the block. I for sure dont upgrade to SPA in the near future. That P3 is so manly looking its not funny anymore. It almost scares me and I am afraid of nothing.

Allright then , maybe this can give it a bit of a boost.
Beïng a V70 2.5 FT R-Design.
Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Needed to replace my front pads and discs. Figured on 30min per side. Nope. Neglected to appreciate just how much banging and persuading were necessary to dislodge those darned discs from accumulated rust. Wow. Double wow. What a royal pain that was. Life in the rust belt….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
866 Posts
Needed to replace my front pads and discs. Figured on 30min per side. Nope. Neglected to appreciate just how much banging and persuading were necessary to dislodge those darned discs from accumulated rust. Wow. Double wow. What a royal pain that was. Life in the rust belt….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah, been there. I've had pretty good success with using a really good penetrant like PB Blaster on the hub flange area. That and a 4 pound (1.8 kg) beater will resolve most sticky issues. Needless to say, cleaning the rust away with a wire wheel prior to reassembly is a good practice.

Reactions: Bunnspeed

·
Registered
158 Posts
Finally got around to retrofitting the newer taillights on my 2012 XC70. It was quite the process, but with some help from @Koeni I was able to use the adapter from vparts.se to make the wiring pretty simple. I managed to not have to totally disassemble the trunk area, which was also a nice surprise. Subtle difference, but I love the LEDs! Side question, are the uppers supposed to light up with the brakes, or are they just running lights? I swore they lit up on my 15.5. Also, I clearly owe my wife's XC90 a wash...

Automotive tail & brake light Tire Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle

Tire Car Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
15,464 Posts
Looks great!

And yeah, please wash that 90, lol. ;)

Reactions: 3 volvos

·
Registered
`12 XC70, metallic silver/beige int, premire plus, maybe polestar.
30 Posts
Nothing! Wife and the kids went on a lil road trip with the xc. Knowing I FINALLY have a xc to call my own is reward enough. But, I did order anti sway, new headlights, load bars, and fluids flush kit. Still trying to find that unicorn LED reverse light.

·
Registered
866 Posts
The upper portion of the LED (moveable with the tailgate) did not light up on my '15.5 when braking. It was only the fixed portion of the taillight that lit up. Nice upgrade!
... and when the system senses emergency braking, the rear fog lights light up as well.

Reactions: ffejeroni

·
Super Moderator
8,747 Posts
At long last, I've finally installed the IPD Rear Sway bar that I got with the car when I bought it. Also swapped in new rear end links since I was there.

Learned a couple helpful tips:
  • This can totally be done on ramps, no need to lift the car.
  • If you're replacing the end links, remove the old completely and loosely install the top of the new ones into the new bar. This lets you slide the bar up into place and you don't have to fight the top connection once the bar is in place.
Haven't driven it yet, but very excited to give the new bar a workout soon!

·
Registered
866 Posts
'16 XC70, T5, 2.5 liter, 5-cyl Working on 40k mi. service:
changed oil & filter, air filter; ck. &/or top up other fluids; multiple inspections. R&R 🤬 cabin filter. Remembered how much easier the latter is if you remove the glove box (8 fasteners). Reassemble.
Get an ESC service required msg on test drive :unsure:. Everything seems to work except for Adaptive Cruise Control unavailable msg. Recall that there'd been an arc when I reconnected the aqua-colored 2-wire plug into fuse block A. Assumed blown fuse. Note to self: disconnect battery next time.
Looked without success online for wiring diagrams . . . source?
Slither back under the dash. All fuses test OK. Above-mentioned plug may have been loose. No msg. on short test drive. Will revisit issue tomorrow.

Edit: more extensive test drive this morning. No messages and ACC works so I assume that the suspected loose connector was the culprit.

·
Super Moderator
8,747 Posts
Also decided to add the R-Design strut brace I had sitting around.
How-to:

Just ordered some edge material to hopefully emulate this install:

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Also decided to add the R-Design strut brace I had sitting around.
How-to:

Just ordered some edge material to hopefully emulate this install:
I’ve begun grabbing a set of these every time I go to the junkyard.

…but what I really need to do is make time to sit down with the teacher that runs our 3D printing lab.

1161 - 1180 of 1196 Posts