SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 527 Posts

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We are the only ones that dont have a topic like this on Swedespeed.
Keep those updates and pictures coming please. Dump it here. I know the P3 owners are slowly fading-out but please dont give up.

Keep that 70-P3 alive and show the world that you still own the coolest VOLVO on the block. I for sure dont upgrade to SPA in the near future. That P3 is so manly looking its not funny anymore. It almost scares me and I am afraid of nothing.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You said the thing, the thing in my signature thing!!

Yes because you quoted me a long time in your post Sometimes I say it again.

I like the polestar-look of it but I think it's too pronounced somehow and all styling things that are overpronounced makes me think an 18 year old styled it.
The guy was 17!

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Looks good! Clean. May I suggest the 2011+ D5 badge? A lot bigger... and in line with the Polestar badge. If I may say so...

XC70/D5/AWD/Polestar

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Today I'll be waiting to hear a reply from the note I left last night. The XC driver decided I'm ok with having completely unnecessary damage done to my parts of my car...
Whut??? This is crazy...hate people not respecting others cars. Not a lover, can tell ...he is wearing 16" ?

XC70/D5/AWD/Polestar

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)

Kissed my wife, she has the smaller D4 (left) version with hardly any options...but she doesnt care. She just drives it.

And he installed scuff plates:

XC70/D5/AWD/Polestar

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 · (Edited)
Thinking about 15mm + 15mm HEICO Spacers front and back. Anybody good or bad experiences with Spacers? Thanks. (Ordered them anyway from Germany today...)

Pics will follow...

And also the HEICO SPORTIV Sport airfilter. Waist of money? They claim: The sport air filter replaces the series paper air filter and provides a 40% higher air flow rate compared to the original. €118

XC70 D5 AWD POLESTAR

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
Filter on the picture doesn't look like it will fit a P3 Volvo. I think the stock filters are good for 300+ hp or something like that. I think they're the same and if so then they're good for the 330 hp T6's, so...

Spacers might help with the looks but I think they may mess with suspension geometry and stuff. I just vaguely recall engineering explained doing a video on them sometime.
Dear (XC70,... me that is)

as the XC70 is mainly a front wheel driven car the track at the front is a little wider comparing to the rear.

If you add 20mm spacers at the front and 30mm at the rear you will reduce this gap which means your car will get more "nervous" while driving straight.

So, if you want to reduce this I would recommend you to install the same thickness at the front and rear.

Regarding to the front badge: It comes with several installation materials and supports so you should be able to install it to any kind of grills.

Anyhow the grill must be removed out of the front bumper to get access.

Mit besten Grüßen / with kind regards
i.V. Alexander Lode
Leitung Produktentwicklung
Head of Product Development
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HEICO SPORTIV GmbH & Co

XC70/D5/AWD/Polestar

1 - 20 of 527 Posts