SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
We also installed the aluminium skid plate (Volvo not the IPD one) as soon as we got our XC70.

Every time I do an oil change I inspect it for damage, so far there is nothing. However with the really bad roads and the fact we take ours on bad dirt tracks (aka 4WD trails) to hiking trail heads it's a great peace of mind.

If I lived in a built up city (aka Singapore) I'd never get it. Living in Colorado and doing shocking roads it's a great bonus.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Thx for feedback.., it amplifies the noises...I would have never thought about it. Eye opener. Honestly, I do gravel roads nothing else...still get the plate?
We've had it since day 1. We got the Volvo one and I really like it. Going on poorly maintained dirt roads to get to trail heads around here where pot holes can swallow the whole car... Means I have a slight easy of mind that if I bottom out the engine and everything up front should be ok.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Yes the sills are expensive if they still are sold as i had mine for some time but did not had the time to put them on as it takes a far bit of time to fit them and reassemble the car again after the mount is finished. I did not pay full price for them either. Anyway lights are on but alternator is not yet replaced with the maximum 180amp version for the engine as the current trio of lights wants 45amps alone. Darm would be nice to have two more of these puppies just a bit lower on each side on the QPAX "bullbar" to not hide the highbeam. Highbeam is now also replaced with some Lumiled ZES that has sharper cutoff and better focus due to higher lightintensity than the old with the huge CREE XHP-50 and its size makes the intenity lower since the lightoutput is about the same on both the new and old model and foucs nowhere to be found on the old one.
Nice lights.

A couple of questions, how have you done the wiring into the cabin? Also do you see any issues with the reduced air-flow to the radiator?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Ha! Was wondering when you'd get one of them! :)

I've been contemplating doing the Tre Kronor (as per SwAF style) on our roof in plastic dip since we're a dark blue...

·
Registered
546 Posts
Finally got the light bar mounted and wired, great improvement, can really see into the trees, just perfect for spotting the Skippy's that regularly jump out at the last minute!
Nice!

I'm about to embark on mounting some spotties onto ours this weekend.

Was wondering if you did the wiring direct to the battery with a typical switch, or into the CME as per Volvo instructions?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Simply wired via a relay to the battery, the relay is triggered by the high beam supply to thew LH headlight, I don't put an additional switch into the circuit and just rely on the high beam switch.
Thanks for the info.

Depending on how much time I get on the weekend I might try wiring it into the CME and hope I don't need a software update!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts