SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive side marker light

Full LED conversion up front with LED city lights, corner lights, head lights and fog lamps.
Also added an R-Design dead pedal, VPARTS.se sequential turn signals, and cracked the CEM with VDASH to modify the light controls.

Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Grille Automotive lighting

Any other VDASH mods people have done? Doesnt seem like a lot of options for these compared to my old P3 S60.

Reactions: bhill

·
Registered
575 Posts
Lookon
Lookin great. Did the turn signals fit OK? They have a few sellers on Amazon, fleabay, etc. Did you do turnsignals? And issues on hyperflash?
The turn signals fit perfect, the mold is identical to the stock ones just with different guts essentially. No issues with hyperflash or any light out warnings with any of the LED mods I did. I have NOT changed the turn signals in the headlights or tail lamps, just the marker lamps, head lamps, city lights, fogs.

Also changed these as well, all thats left to convert is the interior lights. Did a lot of these mods on my S60 back in the day too.

LED vs Stock
Font Vehicle registration plate Automotive exterior Gas Technology

·
Registered
575 Posts
Finally got around to ordering sequential signals for the mirrors, but they didn't fit. Sending back for the correct ones, and the led puddle lights. To many 'bro trucks' have full hyper white lights on every. single. light. Would be nice if they had a warmer tone led.
The XCs use the same corner marker as the XC90 P2, I actually have a set of the sequentials for it if you are interested.

Guess the mirror
leds and the headlight blinkers do not blink
in phase anymore?
Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro
Binks at the same rate.
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Land vehicle

·
Registered
575 Posts
Rectangle Water Font Circle Pattern

PO did tell me that he got a phantom CEL before for an 02 sensor / Cat code and it went away. Looks like it wanted to pop back up again. Ordered a new sensor and socket, cleared it so lets hope for the best. Im tempted to say the Sheetz gas I got is throwing this as I have done over 1000 miles since buying it without the code coming back on which if it was a bad cat. converter it definitely would have come back on sooner.

Update: cleared it, filled up the rest of the tank with Exxon premium (had mid grade Sheetz in it), drove it till the emissions cycled completed and now the codes are completely gone....

Also ordered a new PCV since mine seems original and I cant find any paperwork stating its been done.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Well the P430 code came back, ended up replacing the PCV as a precaution since mine still had its 2009 date code on it.
Also tried to install a new downstream bank 2 sensor but couldn't bust it free due to the socket I bought not having the room to remove it. Gonna have to go down to the local German car shop to have the help me 😞

·
Registered
575 Posts
Installed the new O2 sensor, looks like I am still getting high-low readings from the sensor so unfortuantely I believe the cat is bad on bank 2...
Ordered an O2 spacer with a built in mini-cat so we shall see how that goes. Code is staying off for now but who knows...

·
Registered
575 Posts
Well I was trying to upgrade my reverse lights to brighter LED on my 2011 T6, and did what it seems many have done and accidentally snapped the little tab. Aaaaargh! It does seem like it’s not needed but I was very annoyed at myself so I took a walk.

Then i discovered i had the wrong reverse light bulb, which only happened after jiggering with the bulb for nearly 2 hours and having it explode in my face (and all over the kitchen). I have no idea what the gas was that came out if it but let’s hope it’s ok…!! Then I finally found the right bulb on eBay and now I have to wait for it to arrive from California (I’m in NC).

So a 2 hour fix turned into a multi-day experience that I wasn’t expecting, but still love the car!

Now I’m getting a few things to turn it into a mild overlander with a 20mm lift, new Bilstein B4 shocks, IPD rear sway bar and new engine tray bushings. I have all the parts, just need the time…!!
What is the bulb type for the reverse lamps? I want to go LED for mine like I did for my 960, really helps nighttime visibility

·
Registered
575 Posts
PS - I haven’t tested them yet because they haven’t arrived yet. In theory should arrive today or tomorrow so I can install.
Ill have to give them an order, i was hoping it was just a standard bulb not a special socket type but at least the prices are fair. Looking into the process of accessing the bulbs though....not fun. I am always so afraid to take interior parts off after years of working on older customer cars, Volvo plastic and this southern sun leads to inevitable cracked plastic clips.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Did some more LEDs on the interior, also did a little mod, lets see how long it takes for someone to question it 😂
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Automotive tail & brake light

Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hood Automotive lighting Gesture Automotive mirror Motor vehicle

Gotta love when a listing has the wrong fitments listed, wasted a month waiting for my convex mirrors to come in...

Got my LED puddle lamps installed though. Just need to do the reverse lamps and the glove box and it will be fully LED converted everywhere.

Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting

·
Registered
575 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

My package from VPARTS finally arrived stateside, first thing installed is this R-Design addon trim piece.

I got this plus some eyelids which I need to get painted.

I also made a video on how I installed the piece without any drilling:

·
Registered
575 Posts
I finally did the AOC and angle gear fluid yesterday. Need to grab another liter of the appropriate oil to do the rear diff itself and then I can declare all fluids to be reasonably refreshed. I’m planning to do brakes on all four corners next weekend. (Not looking forward to that one.)

I sold my “toy” BMW yesterday so the XC70 is going back to full-time daily duties. (And she gets her garage space back.) I don’t in any way feel like that’s a punishment. As much as I enjoyed the power and rowing my own, the 2 series just wasn’t adding enough to my my life to justify it.
Sold my Alfa Romeo Giulia for the 3.2 V70, its nice having a toy but once you have wagons you realize how useless sport sedans are unless you have a second car to haul anything larger than a crate of milk. I was driving my beater 960 more than the Giulia and I realized the same thing, wasnt adding to my life and just sat in the garage all the time.

God did I miss P3 seats...

·
Registered
575 Posts
I scheduled new tires for next week. When I bought the car as CPO it came with a fresh set of GY Eagle Sport A/S that I generally liked until they got down around 5/32. Recently (probably 40k mi on the set) I’ve discovered a steeeeeeep drop in wet weather cornering. Plus side, with the IPD sway bar she stays very neutral during an unexpected excursion to 11/10ths? Considered Cross Climate 2 but I can’t bring myself to pony up the Michelin bucks that I was quoted. Instead I’m going with Conti DWS 06+ since I really liked those on the Bimmer (despite that being a very different car) and I can get it done for under a grand including alignment.

Secret time: I’m praying to the elastomer gods that new tires address my intermittent vibration issue. There’s something funky going on in the rear but I can’t pin it down because it comes and goes. I’m only holding out hope because it felt like it was a front end thing before I did a rotation. Wheels were balanced last fall so maybe a genuine tire issue? Stay tuned.
If you hate getting vibrations stay far away from newer Contis, Michelin or bust. I worked in a Volvo shop up until very recently and every set of Contis we got were junk. They have really fallen off quality wise. Coopers were by far the worst though, with Pirelli and Goodyear not far behind.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Weird. Are we talking “OEM replacement” tires or those geared squarely at the aftermarket? I’ve put several thousand miles on this exact tire (though different size) and they were great. We have a different flavor of Conti (Crosscontact I think) on the Cayenne and I haven’t had any complaints about those either.
"Aftermarket" as in the stuff we would get directly from major B2B tire distributors. Surprisingly I never had an issue with my Sailun tires either, straight from Vietnam for $50 a pop and rode great on my 960 lol. The Pirellis I took off my V70 were only from 2018 and were more octagon shaped than round.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Well, I stand informed. After reading your warning I dove down the rabbit hole of vibration issues with newer Volvos that seem to be tire related most of the time. You’d think the big players in the industry would have figured out how to make tires that start round and stay that way. Guess not.
I never had an issue with Michelins, and shoutout to their sub-brand Uniroyal they are decent mid grade tires.

We also had a few european fellows who would buy their own Vredesteins, they are still new to the US market but seem to be very well regarded.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Finally got the mudflaps and eyelids back from the painter, just need the lip and I will have all the aero kit parts from VPARTS installed

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Car Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
575 Posts
Looks like I'll have to eventually find myself a square one then!

But anyways! New modification done today. Was able to source a used rimless rear view mirror WITH a compass off eBay.

Now I have something I believe should have come standard! Only spent $56 vs spending close to $500 new. Got a great deal and easy installation, no VIDA required!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Where did you source it from? Ive been looking to do it on my V70 as well. Also the part number?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Well we will see if the one @Need4Swede27 is selling ends up fitting. The pn 31402730 does say it will fit, and the only difference between the 31402730 and 31402729 is the lack of compass which I could care less about.

Need to look into this more.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts