SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I agree. I used to drive in Dynamic but with the upgrade I maintain Comfort and it feels so much livelier. I elected not to put the badge on. im fine with knowing that I have it without sharing it to the world. I get a little smile when I do switch it to Polestar Engineered when I want to get some speed, though.
I quite like having the badge on my boot lid. I’ve seen one or two Volvo owners look at the badge at the parking lot. Polestar upgrades isn’t well known amongst new Volvo owners (Myself included).

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Picked up XC40 R Design from Volvo of Fort Washington, in PA. Fantastic dealership experience. Love the XC40 but it's a bit overwhelming. I'm used to a 2007 Volvo S40. Welcome to the 3rd millenium!!
I am feeling pretty overwhelmed too right now! I’m used to a 1996 850 R. Plus I’m 70 years old!

Nora in Florida
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
Took mine to the dentist (car park) an hour later mouth was battered and bruised, but as soon as I got back into my comfy XC40 turning those lovely toasty heated seats and
steering wheel on,
IMG_1478_LI.jpg

IMG_1481.JPG

everything was suddenly alright again.🙂

Reactions: coachrick

·
Registered
70 Posts

Some playing in the snow with a set of 18” Nokian winter tires

2018 XC60 D5 AWD Inscription w. Polestar tune
2020 XC40 D4 AWD R-Design w. Polestar tune

·
Registered
1,061 Posts

Some playing in the snow with a set of 18” Nokian winter tires

Nice picture! Looks beautiful. So you can go from 20 inch down to 18 inch OK for winter wheels and tires?

Nora in Florida

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nice picture! Looks beautiful. So you can go from 20 inch down to 18 inch OK for winter wheels and tires?

Nora in Florida
Yes of course. I have 19” r-design ones for summer and basic momentum 18” for winter. I prefer non diamond cut wheels for winter conditions. As long as the wheels clear the brakes it’s fine, so you can go from 20” to even 17”. Also got the Swedish flag installed when changing the wheels.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Yes of course. I have 19” r-design ones for summer and basic momentum 18” for winter. I prefer non diamond cut wheels for winter conditions. As long as it clears the brakes its fine, so you can go from 20” to even 17”.

Both your summer and your winter look very nice! I’m glad to hear you can go down to the 18, even a 17 inch. My XC40 RD Polestar Tune came with 20 inch. I would’ve preferred 19. But I liked most everything else about the car. Have you compare Nokian winter tires to Michelin X ice? Do your Nokians have studs?

Nora in Florida

·
Registered
70 Posts
Both your summer and your winter look very nice! I’m glad to hear you can go down to the 18, even a 17 inch. My XC40 RD Polestar Tune came with 20 inch. I would’ve preferred 19. But I liked most everything else about the car. Have you compare Nokian winter tires to Michelin X ice? Do your Nokians have studs?

Nora in Florida
They are studless winter tyres. I had experience with Goodyear, Michelin and continental winter tires in the past with my 2010 XC60. I got the best price for wheels equipped with Nokian, at the end they invented the winter tire and if Volvo sells them officially they should be good. Tires that I have in Bosnia are European style winter tires. When I had Michelin, it was Latitude Alpin LA2 not the X ice. It’s same with Nokian, mine are WR SUV 4 while you have hakkapeliitta r3.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
They are studless winter tyres. I had experience with Goodyear, Michelin and continental winter tires in the past with my 2010 XC60. I got the best price for wheels equipped with Nokian, at the end they invented the winter tire and if Volvo sells them officially they should be good. Tires that I have in Bosnia are European style winter tires. When I had Michelin, it was Latitude Alpin LA2 not the X ice. It’s same with Nokian, mine are WR SUV 4 while you have hakkapeliitta r3.

Akhk, thanks for the background and information. From what I have read, I like the sound of the Nokian. Several people on the site have also spoken highly of the HAKKAPELIITA. If I move up north, I believe that’s what I will buy. I need to do some more research about studs though. I’m not sure how much driving I will be doing on ice, since I am retired. But then again I am one of those people who tends to push through and do what I had planned even in bad weather. So I need to be prepared. The area that I would be moving to in Massachusetts is very hilly.

Nora in Florida

·
Registered
70 Posts
Akhk, thanks for the background and information. From what I have read, I like the sound of the Nokian. Several people on the site have also spoken highly of the HAKKAPELIITA. If I move up north, I believe that’s what I will buy. I need to do some more research about studs though. I’m not sure how much driving I will be doing on ice, since I am retired. But then again I am one of those people who tends to push through and do what I had planned even in bad weather. So I need to be prepared. The area that I would be moving to in Massachusetts is very hilly.

Nora in Florida
Studs are forbidden in my country. You should probably check the law before buying the tires. With good studdless winter tires you should be able to climb any hill in almost any conditions. My city is full of hills as well :)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Studs are forbidden in my country. You should probably check the law before buying the tires. With good studdless winter tires you should be able to climb any hill in almost any conditions. My city is full of hills as well :)

I think the state of Massachusetts has laws regarding the timing of studded tires. They cannot be put on until a certain date and have to be taken off by a certain date. That’s how it was growing up in New York State. But things may have changed. I will definitely check things out before I move there. And I would wait till I arrived in Massachusetts to buy them. I have never driven with studs. For some reason my father hated them, so all of our cars growing up were just winter tires or as we called them back then snow tires.

Nora in Florida

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think the state of Massachusetts has laws regarding the timing of studded tires. They cannot be put on until a certain date and have to be taken off by a certain date. That’s how it was growing up in New York State. But things may have changed. I will definitely check things out before I move there. And I would wait till I arrived in Massachusetts to buy them. I have never driven with studs. For some reason my father hated them, so all of our cars growing up were just winter tires or as we called them back then snow tires.

Nora in Florida

:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
After spending time with the XC40 Recharge, I wanted to explore how to get better use of the Frunk. Here is what it looks like under the lid.

Here is what it looks like with insert removed:

What’s under the carpet? Tire goo and pump.

Then it occurred to me, there is plenty of room under the rear cargo area floor to put this stuff, sitting inside the coiled up charge cable. So I removed these items and stuck them under the cargo floor. Then
64EC3F30-48BF-417D-8899-BE549E8D2BE8.jpeg
3CCCFCF1-A3E6-4EE4-8E7F-C890C3FA41F2.jpeg
6D451294-0407-4F4A-88B5-3C274D5475DC.jpeg
8EDF3363-A311-4E53-A8D4-C4421A7F438C.jpeg
BF38B4B6-90C7-45D3-96A7-A9491B44180A.jpeg
64EC3F30-48BF-417D-8899-BE549E8D2BE8.jpeg 3CCCFCF1-A3E6-4EE4-8E7F-C890C3FA41F2.jpeg 6D451294-0407-4F4A-88B5-3C274D5475DC.jpeg 8EDF3363-A311-4E53-A8D4-C4421A7F438C.jpeg BF38B4B6-90C7-45D3-96A7-A9491B44180A.jpeg noticed two torx screws holding the foam in place.

After removing the foam, I ended up with a nice deep Frunk suitable for a good sized duffle bag. All I need now is a drain to fill it with ice for a cooler for tailgating...

Getting rid of this stuff got me a much more useful Frunk.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I have a question about CarPlay.

I was on the phone with my golden retriever’s pharmacy today in the car, and I wanted to press one for pet owners. So I tried pressing one on the display. And it did not produce any touchtone so there was no input to the company. I had to pull out my phone at a stoplight in order to press one.

Is there any way to have a sound associated with pressing the keypad on the car’s screen?

Nora in Florida
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

101 - 118 of 118 Posts